Holt Community Council – Meeting Minutes – 7th January, 2020

[featured_image]
Download
Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 4.00 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date January 7, 2020
  • Last Updated October 18, 2021

Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 7th January, 2020

Venue: Holt Community Centre

PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. S. Lewis, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mr. J. Cubitt, Ms. A, Shone,  Mr. J. Hughes, Councillor M. Morris. Mr. Jim Duffy attended to say goodbye to members.

APOLOGIES: Mrs G. Jones, Mr. J. Pridding & Mr. D. Munnerley.

CHAIR: Mr. J. Cubitt, the  Vice Chairperson, took the Chair and opened with a welcome for the New Year. A silence was held in respect of the late Mrs Olwen Rowland, Mrs Dorothy Ackerley and Mr. Graham Purcell.
Mr. Jim Duffy attended to thank the Holt C.C. for their support during his time as a Holt Community Councillor. He has stepped down from the role as he has moved away from the village. Jim will be missed because of his knowledge gained in working for WCBC for many years and he was thanked for his service and for past service for many years as Youth Leader in the Holt Youth Club. Goodbyes were said to wish him well and Jim left the meeting but will still visit Holt to see friends.

MINUTES: Mr. S. Lewis proposed the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record, Mr. P. Hinchliffe seconded. All agreed.

 

ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS: No representative present.

There had been a burglary at the Peal O Bells a month ago and there were couple of other incidents. PCSO Sue Lawrence had met with Mr. Gaade  on a stop & advise exercise with the Speed Gun on the Wrexham Road by Mr. Sharkey’s property. She had also done the same by the Bridge. It was agreed the Clerk contact G. Lloyd from WCBC to request that a Speed Strip be placed on the Wrexham Road. Mr. Gaade will meet with him and agree the position.

ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE:
1. HOLT COMMUNITY GARDENERS:. Correspondence received and noted. The Community Council are waiting for a reply from the Holt Town Trust after their decision on the planters e.t.c.
2. COMMUNITY AGENT: This is still going ahead and Annette Hewitson is working with Penley to set this up.
3. VILLAGE CLEANING: Mr. Gaade has contacted Mr. Hinds to do a village clean up and he is due to visit. Mr. Cubitt proposed he does 2 days a month until the end of March to get up do date then one day a fortnight Ms. Shone seconded, all agreed.:
4. MEGA ELECTRICAL: Two light columns not converted to LED lighting. The Clerk has contacted the company as a light on Sandy Lane & one on Rossett Road have not been done. The Rossett Road one is because Scottish Power need to be involved and a part ordered. The Clerk will keep an eye on these and chase them up, Trees have been cut around the Street Light at Deeside.
5. DEESIDE: Mr. Lewis proposed the Clerk ask WCBC to ensure access is granted for the grass to be cut on the Public Footpath (highway) crossing Deeside Farm as it will soon be April. Mr. Hinchliffe seconded this. All agreed.
6. CCTV – Public Toilets: The new cameras are in place and 2 quotes were received. One was for 2 Lights  either side of toilets and 1 Big one to shine onto Car Park £425 for 3 lights. The 2nd one was for 3 lights and Replacing timer £269-52. Mr. Gaade proposed this be accepted from Mr. Ian Pierce (clerk;s son ) who has done previous work for HCC. Ms. Shone seconded. All agreed.
7. NOTICE BOARD: New keys were given to Mr. Hinchliffe and Mr. Payne.
8. QUARRY LIAISON MEETINGS: Clerk to check as none held for some time.

ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE :
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: 3 The Gardens – single-storey side extension & internal alterations. The members felt that 2 windows would better compliment the symmetry of the house rather than the double doors applied for. Land between Walden House and Holt Lodge Cottages, Hugmore Lane , Llanypwll, Wrexham – construction of menage (for private use only) – there were no objections but a request that conditions be put in place to ensure this be for private use only not commercial (to protect neighbouring properties) Section 78 Appeal – Lodge Farm, Commonwood – noted. Hugmore House, Hugmore Lane, Holt – Notification of Proposed Mixed Business Use Development, Hugmore Lane, Wrexham (noted as had been dealt with in November when planning received)
10. HLHS – A report was received with thanks and noted.

ITEM 4 – AGENDA – BUDGET & PRECEPT SETTING FOR 2020/21.
11. Financial sheets had been prepared by Clerk and Mr. P. Hinchliffe and these were given out. A draft Budget for 2020/21 had also been carefully worked on and was also given out. The following was covered.
. Budget Bank balance @ 31/3/20. Forecast Bank Balance @31/3/20
. It is thought there will be an adverse variance to Budget on cash this year (2019/20) of £5834, unless the £5600 of reclaimed VAT on recent Capital Expenditure is received in this Financial year and not delayed over to 2020/21.
. The Draft Budget for 2020/21 was amended to include a 2.5% increase in the Precept and set Capital Expenditure to £10,000  ( excluding VAT)
. “Subject to the above 2020/21 budget generates £1391 cash surplus after this year’s (2019/20) £30306 cash outflow, that included Street Lighting LED footpath lighting conversion and Play equipment as mentioned below”
The budget was carefully considered and members asked views on what money may be needed on for projects. In 2019/20 2 major schemes will have been completed 1. Street Lighting Conversion to LED. 2. Provision of an additional piece of Play Equipment. One on Church Green Play Area and one larger one on Dee Park Play Area (due to be completed in middle of January)
ELECTRIC POINT CHARGER – Discussion took place on this. It was thought it would be progressive to install one on Public Car Park but the cost was considered too high  and this to be left for this year.
WCBC had requested the Precept for 2020/2021 and after careful consideration of all the above Financial sheets and advice from Mr. Hinchliffe who works with the Clerk to prepare this. It was proposed by Mr. S. Lewis and seconded by Mr. J. Hughes that a Precept of £31,776 be requested from WCBC for 2020/2021 being a two and half percent increase on 2019/2020 an increase of £776. Agreed.

12. PLANNING APPLICATION – LAND AT WREXHAM ROAD, HOLT. – Application for approval of reserved matters pursuant to outline planning permission P/2013/0823 – appearance, landscaping, layout and scale for residential development and formation of Multi-Use Games Area including details of noise assessment and attenuation, existing access closure and internal and internal and external boundary treatments.
This application was carefully looked at and discussed. The house types were not objected to as they as a mixture of Semi and Semi detached.
After looking at the plans Mr. S. Lewis proposed the following:
There were some concerns regarding space for parking and turning on the estate but this was left in hands of WCBC planners as not an issue for the HCC.
The HCC have no objection to a slight widening of the existing ‘Pedestrian Access from Francis Lane but Do Not want a Cycleway.
The land subject of the S106 agreement is to be conveyed to Holt CC and as such the proposed seating area should be removed and any unnecessary landscaping, which is probably offered with good intention, as this may compromise the Community Council’s use of the land in future. Any development or alteration of this loand should be confined to providing pedestrian footway links from Francis Lane to the MUGA and the new estate. Access must also be provided through the estate onto the HCC land to allow for grass cutting machinery for maintenance purpose. Mr. Hinchliffe seconded these actions and all agreed.
Mr. Gaade proposed the HCC arrange to cut the Francis Lane hedge Ms. Shone seconded. Paul to ask Mr. K,. Jones. All agreed.

ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
13. TREES ON FOOTPATH TO CASTLE: Mr. Hinchliffe had produced a report and taken several photos of the trees in question as he was concerned with safety of the members of the public using this path because of the condition of some trees. The trees are not the responsibility of the HCC or WCBC but of two residents occupying properties here. Some work had been carried out sometime ago by one resident and the other resident is new to Holt. It was agreed that the Clerk contact Mr. J. Brewin, WCBC Tree Officer and ask him to look into the situation. Mr. Hinchliffe thanked.
14. HOLT/FARNDON BRIDGE: Concern had been expressed as to whether the planned work on the bridge would result in restrictions on the bridge. The Clerk had understood that the work is only on dry arch to treat masonry but will check.
15. REVIEW OF ELECTORAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE COUNTY BOROUGH OF WREXHAM – DRAFT PROPOSALS: This was received and Councillor Morris informed the committee that it didn’t affect Holt and only affected him positively by taking some of Abenbury into Caia (he would lose 300+ electors as ward size too big).
16. COMMUNITY COUNCIL SECTION 6 REPORT: Councillor Morris mentioned this had to be completed but Clerk hadn’t received it . Mike to forward a copy to her. Thanks to Mike from Clerk.
17. GENERAL MATTERS NEEDING ATTENTION BY WCBC: There are a lot of matters such as potholes, flooding e.t.c that have been previously reported to WCBC but nothing done so the Clerk had contacted the Holt Street Scene Supervisor and he had agreed to meet to walk the village. The Clerk will get some dates for the meeting to be arranged. Additional matters include the kerbs in Cross Street to Manor Park, loose kerbs, Footpath from Border Farm into village (has been reported a few times!)
The Clerk is to write before the meeting to report the serious condition of the Roadway on the Borras Hill so that it is on record. The left hand side of the road has dropped and there is a big hole in front of the double gates at start of hill. A serious incident could happen here. All agreed to these actions.

ACCOUNTS: January 2020 - Mr. Cubitt proposed the following accounts be approved for payment, Ms. Shone seconded. All agreed.
Mr. J. Hughes seconded. All agreed.
2621 – AVOW       Wages G. Crofts, Salary J. Pierce (Dec.)  £  61-75
2622 – AVOW       Wages G. Crofts, Salary J. Pierce (Jan)   £619-75
2633 – J. Pierce  Expenses ( to replace chq 2616)                  £  79-42
2624 – P. Gaade   New keys for Noticeboard                          £  37-94
2625 – S. Power   Standing Order                                             £  32-31
2626 – Mr. G. Crofts Expenses for Toilet Supplies               £  76-42
2627 – WCBC       Half yearly playground inspection x 2    £321-96
2628 – Sutcliffe Play  New Play Equipment 2 play areas    £20481-11

The next meeting of the Holt Community Council will be held on Tuesday, 25th February, 2020.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *