- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 31, 2018
- Last Updated October 19, 2021
Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 31st July, 2018
7 P.M. AT THE HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE
PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Duffy, Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mrs G. Jones, Ms. A. Shone, Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. J. Hughes, Councillor M. Morris.
APOLOGIES: Mr. S. Lewis & PCSO Heron.
MINUTES: Mr. P. Gaade proposed the minutes of the last meeting be approved and signed as a true record, Mr. J. Cubitt seconded this, all agreed.
CHAIR: Mr. J, Pridding, Vice Chairman, took the Chair as Mr. S. Lewis on holiday.
STREET LIGHTING – Mr. John Francis – Jones Lighting Ltd.
A short meeting was held, at 6.30p.m. before the main meeting to view a short presentation on replacing the sodium street lighting with LED lighting. This will eventually have to be done as sodium lighting lamps will not be manufactured. This will be a large amount of expenditure for the Council but has been budgeted for. The decision needs to be made whether it is more economical to replace in one programme or as lights fail! The benefit should be lower energy bills. Mr. Francis gave a very good presentation and discussion took place and it was decided to wait until WCBC had decided on theirs and Mr. Francis has been asked to do a price survey on our lamps. He was thanked sincerely for his time.
ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS:
POLICE MATTERS: - Monthly Crime sheets had been received and crime figures are not too bad but vigilance still needed especially with hot weather.
Mr. Gaade requested again that a record be kept of Patrols in Holt i.e. Date & Time. He also asked for information on any speed patrol results in Holt.
ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. CLEOPATRAS – This is still in the hands of WCBC as highway authority. Some planters have been moved and extra tables positioned but not as discussed through WCBC and Community Council. The Policy on Street Furniture was to be looked at.
2. PROPOSED NEW PLAY EQUIPMENT: Actions are not being rushed on this as the complete financial situation is awaited in order to get best equipment possible.
3. MONTHLY FINANCIAL SHEET – JULY 2018. – This was received by the members and Mr. J. Cubitt proposed it be approved as a true record, Mr, J, Duffy seconded, all agreed. A question was asked regarding Bowling Green expenditure which Clerk answered.
4. NOTICE BOARD: This is in hand and doors to have better locks and keys to prevent notices being inserted without permission!
5. COPSE: Clerk had contacted J. Hulson who apologised that grass hadn’t been cut but tractor needed repairs. Sculpture to be touched up but was hoping the grass around it would flatten naturally! The grass has now been cut in the Copse but the footpaths not strimmed. Noted.
ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE.
6. KINGDOM LEISURE: Report received of visits and results for June. Noted
7. TREE & HEDGE CUTTINGS: A councillor pointed out that some cuttings were on WCBC verge. Clerk to contact residents who own the hedge.
8. HOLT LOCAL HISTORY SOCIETY – Letter thanks for council’s support for ‘Tile works project’ and notification of Presentation of Works on 27th September, 2018 7.30p.m. at Holt Community Centre. Noted.
9. WREXHAM PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY IMPROVEMENT PLAN: STATUTORY CONSULTATION: This has been received by the Clerk and forwarded to B. Payne and J. Cubitt for comments. Noted.
10. PLANNING APPLICATION: Dee Banks, Bridge Street, Holt – Condition 3 submission of Samples of External & Roofing Materials. No objections.
11. SOLAR SPEED SIGNS: This matter was fully discussed and the quotes examined. Mr. Gaade had met with the gentleman from TWM. It was decided at this point to not proceed with the ‘mobile sign’ now but to discuss after other options but to go ahead with a sign on the Wrexham Road so request 30 mph when entering village. Mr. P. Hinchliffe proposed this, Mr. P. Gaade seconded, all agreed.
ITEM 4 – AGENDA:
12. REPRESENTATIVE TO SERVE ON HOLT TOWN TRUST:
Mr. P. Gaade proposed that Mr. David Marsh be re-elected to serve a further term of office, Ms. A. Shone seconded. All agreed.
13. VACANCY ON HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL: The members received, with regret a letter of resignation from Mr. Peter Lewis who will shortly be leaving the village. Mr. Lewis has always been an active member of the council and will be missed but thanks and best wishes for the future have been sent to him and his wife. The vacancy is to be advertised in accordance with Electoral Rules.
ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
14. VILLAGE CINEMA: Information from Theatre Clwyd on possible grants was passed to Mr. P. Hinchliffe to pass to Kenyon Hall Committee. Noted.
15. SEPTEMBER MEETING: It was agreed this be held on TUESDAY, 18TH SEPTEMBER, 2018. There is no meeting held in August.
16. GENERAL MATTERS: Brickyard corner – safety barrier – chevrons.
Holt Castle – Bin not emptied!
ACCOUNTS: Mr. Hinchliffe proposed the accounts be approved and paid, Mr. Cubitt seconded. All accounts to be paid as necessary in August break. All agreed.
2481 – Scottish Power Standing Charge £ 31.27
S/0 – Scottish Power Toilets Lighting Energy £ 84.36
2482 – Mr. E. Jones Grass Cut – Allotment £100.00
2483 – Mrs J. Pierce Salary July & Expenses £338.48
2484 – Jones Lighting St. Lighting – Main. £160.70
2485 – Mr. D. Kettle Grass Cuts – Bowling £150.00
2486 – M & L Grass Cuts – Castle £456.00
2487 – Mr. S. Jones New Gate – Copse. £400.00
2488 – AVOW Wages – G. Crofts £241.13
2489 – Mr. E. Jones Grass Cuts – Burial £220.00
2490 – Hafren Dwfrdwy Water Supply £110.98
2491 – EDF Energy St. Lighting Energy £643.04
2492 – SLCC Membership 18/19 £ 84.00
2493 – ALCC “ £ 30.00
2494 – Mrs J. Pierce Salary August * exp. £367.00
2495 – Jones Lighting St. Lighting Main. £173.42