Holt Community Council – Meeting Minutes – 30th April, 2019

[featured_image]
Download
Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 4.00 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date April 30, 2019
  • Last Updated October 19, 2021

Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 30th April, 2019

7 P.M. AT THE HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.

PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. S. Lewis, Mrs G. Jones, Ms. A. Shone, Mr. J. Duffy, Mr. D. Munnerley, Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mr. P. Gaade and Councillor Michael Morris.

APOLOGIES: Mr. J. Cubitt.

CHAIR: Mr. S. Lewis, the Chairperson, opened the meeting with a welcome. A silence was held in respect of the late Mrs Margaret Braisdell.

MINUTES: Mr. P. Gaade proposed Mrs Jones seconded that the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record.

ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS: - The clerk had contacted the PCSO to express concern that she didn’t work Tuesdays and all our meetings are on Tuesdays! Lisa did reply and had asked someone to cover for tonight but at this point no-one was present. The Clerk did mention that Mr. Sharkey had contacted her again regarding speeding going out of the village past Castle Fields. The information had originally been passed to PCSO Heron but no action had been taken before she left. The Clerk had brought copies of e.mails to meeting for PCSO.

ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. LIVING LANDSCAPES: Mr. Munnerley had contacted Mark to request a first cut of the grass be carried out after the blue bells had finished flowering. This was approved.
2. COMMUNITY GARDENING CLUB: A reply had been received from the Chairperson regarding the mound by the toilets and at present there are no plans to proceed here but if this arises then the relevant residents will be contacted. The Clerk had thanked them. A report was read outlining some plans for the club and it was noted that 2 grey planters from the car park were to be planted and moved to the Cross. The members agreed that this would not be possible as these were purchased as part of the grant for the toilets and car park so could not be removed. It was agreed however it would be nice to have the 2 permanent planters, by the toilets and these two planters up to enhance this area.
3. CONDENSED SPEED SURVEY: This was received from WCBC and noted. A copy is to be sent to Mrs Catherall for information.
4. CEMETERY HEDGE: The briars have been removed from this and after consideration it was proposed by Mr. Pridding, seconded by Mr. Gaade that the Clerk write to Mr. S. Jones to ask that he lowers the hedge by 2 feet and trim it in time for Rushbearing.
CEMETERY PATH: The Clerk had contacted the contractors and they had met with Mr. Gaade. They have agreed to remedy the crack this time but thought it was tree root. They did suggest the grass is trimmed back from the path and that it is swept. Mr. E. Jones to be asked to do this. All agreed.
5. BOWLING GREEN: Mr. D. Jones and Mr. A. Cope had been unable to attend to discuss the green, before the meeting and no one else had come. The Green is being looked after by Mr. K. Moult and some work agreed with him also 1 cut per week of the grass. The Clerk is to ensure only 1 cut carried out a week. Mr. Moult is to be asked to look at our mower as it probably needs servicing. There is a dead tree by the bowling green fence and Mr. E. Jones is to be asked to remove this.
6. HIGHWAY SIGNS: Darren Green from WCBC notified us that to his knowledge these are to be done as part of Environment programme. Noted.

ITEM 3. – CORRESPONDENCE:
7.HOLT iBEACON – Notification from Mr. B. Campbell that The network is now live for North East Wales Digital Trails. Advertisement of this is being done. This was noted. Thanks to people involved for setting this up.
8. SCOPE: Clerk had been contacted to ask if there was anywhere a clothes recycling bin could be placed. Mrs Jones mentioned the Holt C.P. School had a scheme going and councillors agreed it best to support that. Clerk to reply.
9. ZURICH INSURANCE: The Clerk had received quotes for 2019/20. There were 3 offers 1 year price, 3 year fixed price or 5 year fixed price. The Clerk is to contact and ask about the best deal.
10. FIRE SERVICE – SAFE & WELL CHECKS: This is a free service to residents and it was thought it would be beneficial to invite a representative to attend one of our meetings to discuss this.
11. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: , Bella Vista, Smithfield Green, Holt – Replacement anthracite grey UPVC Porch extension (reduced length) no objections. Home Farm House, Wrexham Road, Holt – Conservation area consent for demolition of structurally unsafe two-storey outbuilding. (within Holt conservation area). No objections.

ITEM 4. – AGENDA.
12. FORMAL RECEIPT OF THE INTERNAL AUDIT REPORT ON THE ANNUAL RETURN FOR YEAR ENDING 31ST MARCH, 2019. – The Clerk presented this to the members and the report for follow up only contained 4 very minor points for adjustment. The Annual report was signed by the Clerk and the Chairman and the Clerk will now do everything necessary to complete the External Audit with Grant Thornton. Mr. Duffy proposed these actions Mr. Hinchliffe seconded and all agreed. There is no Budget sheet for this meeting as it is not the end of April.
13. CONSIDERATION OF PAYING CLERK’S SALARY THROUGH AVOW: The wages for the toilet caretaker are paid by this method and the Clerk has been operating PAYE for herself but thought it would be easier this way as a lot of Community Councils now use AVOW at very reasonable charge. Mrs Jones proposed this be approved and the Clerk set this up with AVOW, Mr. Gaade seconded, all agreed. The Clerk thanked everyone.
14. STREET LIGHTING L.E.D. CONVERSION PROJECT: The survey has now been received from Mega Electrics and several questions and queries are to be put to Mega also regarding maintenance. Costs are to be sought for any additional work listed and once prices established the Clerk is to e,mail members with them. Mr. Gaade proposed this Mr. Hinchliffe seconded. All agreed.

ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
15. GENERAL MATTERS: Public Toilets – lights on one night inside. To be kept an eye on!  Ladies toilets were blocked and this was discussed. It was agreed initially to purchase signs to request strong flushing. Poppies for Posts – Clerk to try to order 40 extra ones ready for this year’s Remembrance Service. Potholes – Commonwood – these have been reported and Mr. Morris informed us they are in a scheme for action. River Dee – Mr. Cubitt had reported a bad blockage here and the Clerk has passed this on. Land at Wrexham Road – Clerk had spoken to a gentleman who promised to pass on the request to get field and hedge cut but she is to contact Mr. D. Williams in WCBC planning as nothing done.
16. HOLT CASTLE: The Clerk is to arrange a meeting with Steve Grenter and representatives of the Community Council to discuss this years grass cutting contract. The date agreed was Thursday, 9th May, 2019 at 4.30 to 4.45 The Clerk will confirm this and e.mail members. The litter bin has also been reported as it is overflowing here.

ACCOUNTS – Ms. Shone proposed, Mr. S. Lewis seconded that the following accounts be signed and approved for payment. All agreed.
2550 – AVOW                   Wages & charge G. Crofts                    £262-72
2551 – Scottish Power     Standing Charge                                    £  35-49
2552 – Quality Acoustics  Hire Speaker Remembrance 2019  £175-00
2553 – Mr. P. Gaade         Toilets – light bulbs                            £  24-48
2554 – Mr. E. Jones          Grass cuts and moss clearance        £308-00
2555 – WCBC                     Council Tax – Toilets                         £683-80 Total cheque
B. Green                                                                                             £236-70      £920-50
2556 – Mr. K. Moult         Work on B. Green as agreed            £310-00

The next meeting of the Holt Community Council will be held on Tuesday, 28th May, 2019.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *