- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date May 29, 2018
- Last Updated October 19, 2021
Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 29th May, 2018
7 P.M AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.
PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. S. Lewis, Mrs G. Jones, Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mr. P. Lewis, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Hughes, Councillor M. Morris & 2 members of public.
APOLOGIES: Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. J. Duffy & Ms. A. Shone.
CHAIR: The Chair was taken by the retiring Chairman, Mr. S. Lewis who opened the meeting and welcomed everyone. A silence was then held in respect of the late Mr. John Chadwick & Mr. Stephen Shone.
MINUTES: Mr. P. Lewis proposed the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record, Mr. P. Hinchliffe seconded this. All agreed.
ITEM 1A – ELECTION OF CHAIRPERSON: Mr. P. Gaade proposed Mr. Steve Lewis be re-elected for a further term of office, Mrs G. Jones seconded this. All agreed. Mr. Lewis thanked everyone and accepted. He then officially took the Chair for the meeting.
ITEM 1B – ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRPERSON: Mrs G. Jones proposed Mr. Joe Pridding be re-elected to serve for a further year, Mr. P. Lewis seconded this. All agreed. Mr. Pridding was absent but will accept the position.
ITEM 1C – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MEETING:
1. CLEOPATRA’S – This is back with WCBC again and concerns expressed over advertised BBQ to be held on pavement as this highway issue. Clerk to contact WCBC.
2. COPSE: The new farm gate has been installed and the ‘Kissing Gate’ but grass has not been cut. Clerk also to enquire when Information Board to be installed which will give information on the Dragonfly.
3. CEMETERY PATHS: Work now carried out and invoice paid.
4. PROPOSED NEW PLAY EQUIPMENT: Clerk had obtained brochure and Mr. J. Hughes and Mrs G. Jones agreed to liaise on this.
5. IBEACON – Transmitters now set up.
6. STREET LIGHTING – New LED lighting. Council to invite representative from Jones Lighting to meeting to discuss this. Few concerns raised but these will be discussed.
ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE:
7. HOLT FIVES – An application was received applying for a grant towards the Annual Summer Fair which is held in the Village and which also incorporates a ‘Scarecrow Trail’ in the build up before the fair. This event helps put Holt on the map and is a lot of work for those involved. Mr. P. Gaade proposed £500 be awarded for the next 3 years (including 2018) of the event being held, Mr. P. Lewis seconded, all agreed.
8. POLICE MATTERS: This item had been held back as PCSO was intending to be at meeting but must have been held up, Two members of the public had attended to discuss the following matter.
CHAPEL STREET – 20 MPH – Motorists speeding. – This had been discussed at the last meeting and the PCSO had been in touch with a couple of residents as Hand Held speed guns were suggested. This involves members of the Community who are willing to attend a Training Course held by Conservation Office and monitored by police (data). Councillor Morris had requested signage on road and WCBC will look into this. It was suggested yellow lines outside school and Clerk to look into Mobile Flashing Smiley Face Signs. A price for a new Flashing Light Is to be requested on Wrexham Road also.
The school are involved with posters as part of a Safety Campaign.
Mr. Lewis proposed Clerk proceed with the matters discussed and the signs be funded or part funded by Community Council. Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.
Clerk had correspondence regarding Closure of Holt/Farndon bridge for road works and she was asked to request that Chapel Street should be signed ‘No Thoroughfare’
Public toilets: Damage to the Public Toilets had been looked into but the police decided not to pursue this. Mr. Gaade requested that follow up from the previous month’s crime stats should be available for ongoing cases. i.e. still being investigated or case closed if not resolved.
9. BURIAL OF ASHES: The Clerk reported a case where a grave for ashes had been dug in the wrong place by gravediggers. This was very distressing for the family and the family whose grave was next to it. This has resulted in an application to the Welsh Office for ‘Exhumation of Ashes’ The correct procedure will be followed. The Holt Community Council nor the Undertakers were in any way responsible for the error and acted very quickly to rectify it.
CEMETERY – There are kerbs and bases left on left hand side cemetery and Clerk and Mr. Gaade will investigate ownership of these. Clerk to ask E. Jones to remove seat by Bier House.
10. JONES LIGHTING: - Letter asking if the Community Council still require to pass on any relevant faults to Scottish Power on their behalf. The Holt Council agreed to request they continue with this.
11. DEE VALLEY WATER – NEW NAME - This will be ‘Hafren Dyfrdwy’ for ‘Severn Dee’. Noted.
12. WORKSHOP ON HELPING NATURE WORK FOR YOUR COMMUNITY(WREXHAM) – To be held on Thursday, 21st June, 2018 at Glyndwr University. Noted (had been advertised on website).
13. FLY THE RED ENSIGN – Merchant Navy Day 2018. Correspondence noted.
14. FINANCIAL SHEET FOR MAY 2018 – This was presented to the members and Mr. Hinchliffe informed members at this stage of the financial year there were no suprises in Budget. Mr. Gaade proposed this be accepted, Mr. Hughes seconded, all agreed.
15. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Land adjacent to Hillside Farm, Holt Road, Llanypwll, Wrexham – outline planning application for development for 2 detached dwellings with associated garages – no objections. Wrexham Aquatic Reptile & Garden Centre, Holt Road, Llanypwll, Wrexham. – Change of use to sale and display of second hand cars (in retrospect). Objections raised as this began as plant nursery. Council request that no vehicles are displayed on splays and that hedge is kept at same height as present not lowered for vehicles to be more visible! Garden Centre have never received permission for the replacement building. Mr. P. Lewis proposed the Clerk reply with these points Mr. Hinchliffe seconded, all agreed.
16. TOILETS: Mr. Gaade has ordered and placed signs for exiting toilets. He was thanked and is to be reimbursed.
ITEM 3 – AGENDA: LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2013 – 2028.
17. PROPOSED EXTENSION TO WREXHAM INDUSTRIAL ESTATE INTO LAND NORTH OF BRYN LANE.
The Community Council had been contacted by concerned residents in proximity to the proposed development and the plans had been viewed. This matter was discussed and Mr. P. Lewis proposed the Clerk write a letter of objection to the proposals as this scale of them would have an enormous impact on some residents. Mr. S. Lewis seconded, all agreed. It was also asked that the issue of no ‘Lorry Park’ on the Industrial Estate be looked into again as this is very badly needed and should be put into the ‘Masterplan’. The Holt Community Council had requested this when the New Link Roads were put to the Industrial Estate.
18. DATA PROTECTION POLICY 2018 – Information & Data Policy.
The Holt Community Council in accordance with new Data Protection Laws, formally adopted the Information & Data Policy. Mr. Hinchliffe proposed this and Mrs G. Jones seconded, all agreed. The Council are continuing to work on requirements brought to attention in the Data Audit. This is ongoing. ITEM 4 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
19. GENERAL MATTERS REQUIRING ATTENTION – Public Footpath No.6 – grass needs cutting. Hedges need cutting – Dee Villas, Dee Park by phone box, Toilets. Smithfield Green – mud in grids, ‘Dog Fouling’ signs needed from Tava to Chapel Street. Tree on Dee Park. Tree at rear 55 Dee Park – Councillor Morris kindly to arrange work on this from fund. Mr. Gaade to contact Mr. Hinds regarding more tidying work in Village. Defibrillator – J. Hughes to put sign on this to help with use! Thanks given.
20. ALLOTMENTS: Clerk has contacted owner of Allotment 4 and explained situation as to why it is overgrown. It was agreed to allow the tenancy to continut for 2018/19 providing some action was seen in 1 month and then progress ongoing. No 6 allotment – Clerk to get quote from E.Jones to tidy and it is to be split into 2 halves and advertised. Mr. P. Lewis proposed this, Mr. P. Gaade seconded. All agreed.
ACCOUNTS: Mr. P. Lewis proposed & Mr. j. Hughes seconded payment of the following accounts. All agreed.
2460 – AVOW Wages – G. Crofts (toilets) £241-13
2461 – JDH Auditors Internal Audit 2017/18 £266-40
2462 - EDF St. Lighting Energy £653-26
2463 – Zurich Insurance 2018/19 £711-99
2464 – Dee Valley Water Supply £172-91
2465 – Quarry Plant Cemetery Paths £11475-43
2466 – Mrs J. Pierce Salary May, expenses. £342-16
2467 – Jones Lighting St. Lighting, maintenance £160-70
2468 – Mr. D. Kettle Grass cuts – Bowling £120-00
2469 – Mr. E. Jones Grass cuts – Cemetery £220-00
2470 – Monument Grass cuts – Castle £228-00
2471 – Mr P Gaade APH – Signs Toilets £ 36-00