- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date July 29, 2014
- Last Updated October 16, 2021
Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 29th July, 2014
Venue: Holt Community Centre
PRESENT: Councillors: Mrs G. Jones, Ms. A. Shone, Mr. S. Lewis, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. P. Lewis, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. D. Roberts. Mrs L. Roberts. Councillor M. Morris, P.C.S.O. D. Jones.
APOLOGIES: Councillor Mr. J. Evans.
CHAIR: Mrs G. Jones, the new Chairperson, took the Chair and opened with a welcome to everyone. A silence was held in respect of the late Mrs Ann Bryan.
MINUTES: Mr. S. Lewis proposed, the minutes of the previous meeting were signed and approved, as a true record, Mr. P. Lewis seconded this. All agreed.
ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS – PCSO DAVID JONES.
Sheets were handed out with crime figures and whilst there was a drop in crime in Holt, there are still some issues. Compared to a lot of communities, crime and incidents, in Holt are very good but the council and police are still working together to solve even the minor issues such as parking and youths not respecting the areas such as the Bowling Green and toilets! It was agreed that a meeting be held next Tuesday between the PCSO, the Chairperson, the Clerk, Councillor Morris and the Streetscene Supervisor from WCBC. A walk of all the areas in the village will be made. Thanks were given to PCSO Jones for attending the meeting and for his regular contact by E. Mail, with the Clerk. He then left the meeting.
ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. DEFIBRILLATOR; The training session was poorly attended but everything else is going well with this and all that is needed now is the steel case to house the Defibrillator. The DVD on its use is to be passed around the committee, Thanks given to Steve for all his work to get this for Holt.
GRASSCUTTING: Castle grounds - standard of cutting is still not good. The playing field has been cut the correct number of cuts allowed in the contract which was reduced to half the cuts!
2. GENERAL MATTERS: Toilets & Cemetery – The clerk had tried to contact the plumber and had left a message! To complete the work a new toilet was needed in the Disabled toilets at a total cost of £240. Mr. Gaade proposed this be approved, Mr. Roberts seconded. All agreed. The time on the doors needs to be extended to 9p.m. until the end of September. A notices are also required to inform people to press the Green button to exit the toilets.
Cemetery:- Hedge around the seats and by bin needs cutting
3. WASTE PAPER SKIP: The clerk had e.mails regarding this and Mr. Payne has requested the removal.
4. NIGHTINGALE HOUSE: Clerk reminded the committee regarding the open evening on 1st September, 2014.
ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
5. HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE: a letter was received regarding the proposed alterations to the Holt Community Centre including it being taken into the Holt County Primary School but still available for use by the Community. The letter was noted but no action taken at present.
6. TARMAC: Notification received of their Community meeting. Mr. Cubitt also receives this and will attend on our behalf. He was thanked.
7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
West of & adjacent to footpath no 2 off Castle Street, Holt, Wrexham Erection of telecommunications equipment cabinet. Discussed but no objections.
Field north of Francis Lane, Holt – erection of wooden field shelter (in retrospect) – this is a moveable construction. No objections.
Plas Bostock Farm, Commonwood – construction of new access & hardstanding/carpark area – no objections.
Holt Lodge Farm, Hugmore Lane, Llanypwll – conversion of Agricultural buildings to form 2 dwellings (C3) & ass. Landscape & parking provision – no objections.
Part of a field, West of Commonwood Farm & South of Borras Road, Commonwood, Wrexham – Notification of an appeal. Noted.
Wrexham Energy Centre: A further consultation was held on 14th July to 24th August, 2014. Everyone was notified of the dates of this. Several members had attended. Thanks to them. Councillor Morris explained the downsizing of this and that a licensed process would be introduced to monitor omissions! There would be no additional overhead pylons. This was noted and left.
ITEM 4 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
8.GENERAL MATTERS TO REPORT:
Salt bin has been moved by Kenyon Cottages! To be looked at. Hedges need cutting – Fairview, Dee Park. Pavement by Sheppards needs weeds cutting back as pavement being encroached. Light on Cross on all the while. U.5s – Report on Midsummer Celebrations and asking if anyone knows any source for grants (e.g. match funding) Thanks to all who were involved in the celebrations for their hard work and efforts.
BELL RINGING: The bells of St. Chad’s Church, Holt will be rung on 12th August, 2014 at 12.30 to mark the 100 years start of Worl War 1. Thanks to the Bell ringers for this.
ACCOUNTS – these were proposed for payment by Mr. P. Gaade, seconded by Mr. S. Lewis. All agreed.
2067 - WCBC street lights – maintenance £274-36
2068 – Mrs J. Pierce salary July, August & expenses £602-20
2069 – Dee Valley water supply £428-96
2070 – Mr. D. Kettle grasscutting - June £150-00
2071 – UHY Audit fee - 2013/14 £354-00
2072 – SLCC Membership fee 2014/15 £ 87-00
2073 – EMJ grasscutting £250-00
2074 – Mr. R. Crofts Cross/Village - July £192-00
2075 – Mrs K. Rawlinson Toilets - July £208-45
2076 – Mr. S. Lewis Defibrillator purchase £540-00
2077 – K.J. Joinery Work on toilet building (Doors e.t.c.) £3372-00
2078 – EDF Street Lighting – energy May - July £579-44
2079 – M. Jones Summer treatment – green £250-00
2080 – Mr. G. Sheppard Slabs – cemetery £300-00
2081 – Mr. D. Kettle grasscutting – July £135-00
2082 – WCBC Play areas – inspection £252-00
2083 – Mrs K. Rawlinson Toilets – August £198-40
2084 – Mr. S. Jones Cemetery hedge £325-00
2085 – Mr. K. Jones Repairs – toilets £414-11
2086 – Scottish Power Energy – toilets £ 23-82
2087 - Mr. R. Crofts Cross/Village August £153-60
2088 - Mrs J. Pierce Repair to Notice board door £76.97
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 30th September, 2014.