- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date March 28, 2017
- Last Updated October 18, 2021
Holt Community Council- Meeting Minutes - 28th March, 2017
Venue: Holt Community Centre
PRESENT: COUNCILLORS Mrs G. Jones, Ms. A. Shone, Mr. S. Lewis, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. P, Lewis, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Duffy. Councillor M. Morris.
APOLOGIES: Councillor J. Evans.
CHAIR: Mrs G. Jones, the Chairperson, took the Chair and opened with a welcome.
A silence was held in respect of the late Mrs Jaqueline McConville and Mr. Leslie Davies.
MINUTES: Mr. J. Pridding proposed the minutes of the previous meeting be signed and agreed as a true record, Mrs G. Jones seconded, all agreed.
ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS:
‘Cuppa with a Copper’ – one of the new police ideas being trialled – one of these sessions had been held in Holt at Bellis’s with another one due to take place at the Deli. The one at Bellis’s was not successful and the members are not in support of these but would rather the time be spent walking the village and surroundings! Councillor Morris had attended a meeting to discuss this as it doesn’t seem to be working in some Rural areas. The police will look at this after 3 month trial. It was reported that Crime was going down but the question was raised whether it was going down or not being reported! Members of public are urged to report any matters of concern sometimes this prevents crime. Stats sheets showed very little in Holt but incidences of Burglary other than dwelling and cars being taken were still occurring. Be especially vigilant in Summer months with doors and windows!
ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. CLEOPATRA’S: Nothing further has happened here as gentleman dealing with this has been absent but nothing has been received in planning from owner.
2. PROPOSED NEW LIGHT – DEESIDE: Members had visited the site in darkness and a majority vote was against the need to provide a light here for the small number of properties and the large cost to provide this when all property owners were not in favour.
3. ALLOTMENTS: The empty allotments have now been let accordingly – number 4 to Mr. Robert Garner, number 10a to Mr. Richard Boyle and 10b to Jenny Threadgold. It was agreed that because of the poor condition of the allotments that these be let rent free for the first year (2017/18). Mr. Gaade proposed this, Mr. Duffy seconded.
4. DOG FOULING: The Clerk had been in touch with Kingdom who had visited the village but this is still a great issue. The Clerk is to ask for stats to be sent to her but Councillor Morris will forward this months to her. WCBC have made the ‘Dog Control & Dog Fouling in Public Spaces Act 2016 to 2020. This was noted and is available to view on the Holt Website (thanks to our excellent volunteers who run this!) SILVER BIRCH IN CEMETERY: This has now been pruned and ivy removed. Clerk to proceed and pay invoice.
5. MATTERS REPORTED: Clerk has reported once again the loose grid cover near hairdressers on Cross. This was first reported early October! The overgrown footpath from Gourton Hall to the village has also been reported again. Councillor Morris had also reported and chased these matters up. The footpath will need to be put in programme works by WCBC. Fracker Camp which has been an issue for some time has now been cleared with exception of skip full of rubbish waiting to be collected.
ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
6. ANNUAL INTERNAL AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS 2016/17. Notification has been received that JDH Auditors will carry this out on 13th April, 2017. JDH were then officially appointed as Internal Auditors by the Holt Community Council to carry out its Internal audit of accounts for 2016/17. The appointment of Internal Auditor needs to be carried out annually to comply with regulations set out by Audit Commission Wales. The Clerk will put this in writing to JDH to confirm their continued satisfaction with their services and request ‘a letter of Engagement from them’ (an issue from 2015/16 external audit)
Mr. P. Lewis proposed this, Mr. S. Lewis seconded, all members agreed.
7. ANNUAL EXTERNAL AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS 2016/17.
The Auditor General for Wales – Grant Thornton has appointed the 5th June, 2017 as the date by which the Annual Return must be received by them and the 4th May as the date which the Elector’s have the right to exercise their rights. Mr. P. Lewis proposed this be accepted and the Clerk carry out whatever necessary. Mr. J. Cubitt seconded,
All members agreed.
8. SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT 2017/18 – 2 PLAY AREAS.This was received from WCBC in the sum of £260 per annum each play area. Mr. Gaade proposed this be accepted, Mr. Cubitt seconded. All agreed. Clerk to sign and return this.
9. REQUEST FOR ‘NO PARKING SIGN’ This was received from a resident who is experiencing difficulty exiting his property. The letter was discussed and a decision to forward the letter to WCBC, who are the Highway Authority, was made. The clerk will do this and reply to the gentleman informing him of our actions.
10. REPRESENTATIVE TO SERVE ON HOLT TOWN TRUST: The secretary to Holt Town Trust had written to say Mrs G. Jones’s term of office will finish at the end April. Mr. Gaade proposed Mrs G. Jones stand for a further term of office, Mr. S. Lewis seconded this. Mrs Jones accepted. All agreed.
11. BOWLING GREEN – Quotation in the sum of £850 for Treatments of Green received from Mr. M. Jones. Ms. Shone proposed, Mr. Pridding seconded that this be approved. All agreed.
12. COMMONWOOD FISHERIES: Pre Planning application received for The creation of a fishing lake and the provision of Holiday fishing accommodation – Pods & Lodges, the siting of a central facilities Lodge and manager’s lodge. This was noted but no comments made at this stage.
13. HOLT U.5S: The cheque for £2000 given as a grant for the proposed building project has been received. Any fresh application will be considered when a definite scheme in place.
14. WREXHAM ROAD PLAYING FIELD: The matter of cutting grass here was discussed and Mr. S. Lewis proposed Mr. Gaade contact Messrs Tomlinsons to find out situation here and report back next month. Mr. Cubitt seconded. Agreed.
15. CLERK’S ANNUAL EXPENSES & BUDGET & BANK, RECEIPTS & PAYMENT SHEETS TO 28/3/17. Mr P. Lewis proposed the Clerk’s expenses, Mr. Cubitt seconded.
Agreed. Clerk went through all sheets which Mr. Cubitt proposed and Mr. P. Lewis seconded. Clerk to amend them to 31st March 2017 after end of month and Chairperson to sign them for the audit. All agreed.
16. CORRESPONDENCE FROM MR. R. SHAW: Mr. Gaade handed the correspondence from Mr. Shaw, to the Clerk and it was read and noted.
17. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Bank House, Frog Lane, Holt – replacement front door & glazed side panels (same dimensions as existing) – no objections. Cae Ffynnon, Holt Road, Llanypwll, Wrexham – erection of stables building & construction of menage. (amended plans – no objections) 6 Fairview, Holt – 2 storey extension, replacement of garage roof, erection of new timber clad building, replacement of all windows with UVPC in grey, alterations to stone panelling and re-cladding over dormer windows. No objections as property set back not in prominent position. Yew Tree Farm, Wrexham Road, Holt – 2 storey rear extension. No objections.
ITEM 4 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
18. HOLT HILL – Question was asked regarding ‘One way sign’ Holt Hill. Councillor Morris informed us that the power to feed the signs was because wait with Scottish Power.
19. SPEED SIGN AT ENTRANCE TO VILLAGE: Clerk to contact Paul Rogers, WCBC again as he assured her this would be done last month!
20. GENERAL MATTERS: Hedge in cemetery cut by E. Jones. He did great job.
Wild Flower seeds – Clerk to contact Carla, WCBC to purchase some for village entrance. Flooding occurring by sign near junction Chapel Lane/Castle Street.
Grids in general in village – need cleaning.
ACCOUNTS WERE PROPOSED FOR PAYMENT BY MRS G. JONES SECONDED BY MR. P. GAADE. ALL AGREED. (CLERK IS TO PAY ANY ACCOUNTS TO 31/3/17.)
2330 – WCBC Wages G. Crofts – February £219-00
2331 – WCBC Wages G. Crofts – March £219-00
2332 – WCBC Maintenance playing field £920-15
2333 – Groundwork N.W. Playscheme – Y.C. Money £1184-00
2334 – Mrs J. Pierce Salary & expenses March £327-52
2335 – Mrs J. Pierce Annual expenses £687-00
2336 – EMJ Services Grass cuts £220-00
2337 – Mr. J. Hughes Tree surgery – Silver Birch £100-00
2338 – Scottish power Energy £ 21-75
2339 – Mr. D. Kettle Grass cuts £210-00
2340 – Jones Lighting Maintenance. £ 81-90
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 25th April, 2017.