- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date February 28, 2017
- Last Updated October 17, 2021
Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 28th February, 2017
Venue: Holt Community Centre
PRESENT: Councillors – Mrs. G. Jones, Ms. A Shone, Mr. J. Duffy, Mr. J. Evans
APOLOGIES: Mr. P. Lewis, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. S. Lewis & Mr. J. Cubitt.
CHAIR: Mrs G. Jones, the Chairperson, took the Chair and opened the meeting with a welcome, a silence was then held in respect of the late Mrs Sandra Shone, Mrs Eirian Tomlinson & Mrs Elsie Done.
MINUTES: Mr. Pridding proposed, Mrs Jones seconded that the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record. All agreed.
ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS:
No Stats were available for the meeting and no feedback on ‘Cuppa with a Copper’ had been received. The Clerk had also asked regarding a matter reported by Mr. S. Lewis. Clerk to chase this up again.
ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. PLAYSCHEME – GROUNDWORK NORTH WALES. Clerk reported that thanks to a lot of work by Councillor Morris, a further £1184 funding has been paid into the bank and Mr. Duffy proposed this now be given to the playscheme, Mr. Pridding seconded. All agreed. The money was in an account from when the Youth Club finished suddenly. Everyone involved was thanked as this greatly helps funding.
2. CLEOPATRA’S: Mr. Darren Green WCBC was to speak to the owner of the property but there was nothing further to report on this.
3. PROPOSED NEW LIGHT – DEESIDE: As there were only 5 councillors present and a couple who hadn’t visited the site, the matter is to be discussed in March.
4. ALLOTMENTS: The Clerk had sent a letter out after the last meeting and a reply was received from one allotment holder who had taken objection to it. This was noted. Mr. Pridding proposed the Clerk now go through the waiting list and assess the situation and allocate the vacant allotments after conferring with couple members, Mr. Duffy seconded.
5. DOG FOULING: This is still a big cause for concern and the Clerk had been in touch again with Kingdom who are responsible for fining any owners allowing their dogs to foul! The Chairperson reported that the van had been seen in the Village and the Clerk reported that she was informed a major effort is to be made in WCBC as part of ‘Keep Wales Tidy’ 1st – 5th March, 2017.
The letter from WCBC asking for involvement in this event by arranging litter picks e.t.c. didn’t arrive until 2nd week of February which didn’t give enough notice. It was noted but Holt C.C. do employ a Village Caretaker but still encourage residents to take pride in their village and surroundings!
ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
6. SILVER BIRCH IN CEMETERY: Correspondence received and it had been advised that Ivy and low branches needed attention. Mr. J. Pridding proposed he meet with gentleman doing the pruning and ask for a price and get go ahead. Ms. Shone seconded. All agreed.
7. N.E. WALES - IBEACON PROJECT: Clerk had received information on this from Steve Grenter, WCBC, Heritage and after discussion it was agreed in principle to support this possibly with other village groups i.e. HLHS, Church, HTT thus sharing small cost.Mr. Pridding proposed this, Mr. Duffy seconded. All agreed.
8. MONTHLY BUDGET SHEET: Copies of this were distributed and it was discussed. Ms. Shone proposed it be approved, Mr. Pridding seconded, all agreed.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Ebenezer Cottage, Castle Street, Holt – Replace 5 existing wooden windows on front elevation with 5 white woodgrain UVPC double glazed windows. This property is in a prominent position and in Conservation area and similar applications refused. Concern to be expressed on these grounds and leave to WCBC planning. Ebenezer Cottage , Castle Street, Holt – Ornamental Cherry – reduce encroaching branches back in line with boundary & prune individual branches to provide 50cm clearance from telephone lines (protected by Holt Conservation area) no objections. Cornish Hall, Wrexham Road, Holt – Partial infill 1 pond & construction on 1 replacement pond (in part retrospect) – no objections. 4 Cross Street, Holt – erection of 2 storey 3 bedroom detached dwelling and construction of associated gardens, parking & turning areas for the proposed dwelling and nos. 4 & 5 Cross Street – no objections. Dee bank, Bridge Street, Holt – application for a lawful development certificate for existing use or activity of the attached coach house as Residential use in connection with Dee Bank (incorporation into main body of house) – no objections.
10. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE – Membership One Voice Wales – noted.
Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales – Annual Report received. Section 13 noted.
Elections 4th May, 2017 – Notification received of forthcoming elections. The Clerk had attended the briefing meeting and a short meeting had taken place before the monthly meeting for her to brief existing members and hand out packs.
ITEM 4 – AGENDA - INVESTMENT STRATEGY:
11. This was discussed and it was agreed to keep the amount from the FRB in the account it is in where it is safe as some higher interest accounts run risks, All agreed to this.
ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
12. GENERAL MATTERS: Path from Border Farm to Village needs urgent attention as verge is encroaching it making it vey difficult to use and not safe!
13. Dee Park – Conifer hedge bordering Play area – Mrs Jones reported how pleased she was with WCBC who had been sent to cut other hedges and with a small request from her, faced the large conifer hedge. She had e.mailed to thank them. ‘Praise where it’s due!’
Yellow lines – Cross – People are ignoring these already. Clerk to contact WCBC and ask for enforcement visits.
Frog Lane & Commonwood – Mr. Evans reported lots of rubbish in ditches. Clerk to report.
ACCOUNTS TO BE PAID – these were proposed for payment by Mrs Jones seconded by Ms. Shone. All agreed.
2327 – Mrs J. Pierce Salary & Expenses February £357-06
2328 – Jones Lighting Maintenance £166-80
2329 – Mr. S. Jones Hedge & Grass Cuts £575-00
Next meeting to be held on 28th March 2017.