Holt Community Council – Meeting Minutes – 27th October, 2020

[featured_image]
Download
Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 4.00 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date October 27, 2020
  • Last Updated October 18, 2021

Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 27th October, 2020

Venue: Zoom meeting

The Zoom meeting was kindly set up by Mr. J. Cubitt using the membership set up by HLHS. The HCC record thanks to John and HLHS for this.

PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mrs G. Jones, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. S. Lewis, D. Munnerley. J. Hughes, Mr. B. Campbell.

APOLOGIES: Ms. A. Shone & Councillor M. Morris.

CHAIR: Mr. J. Pridding, the Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone to the meeting.

MINUTES: Mr. P. Gaade proposed, Mrs G. Jones seconded, the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record. All agreed.

ITEM 1: MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

1.COMMUNITY AGENT: CARYS HUGHES: MINDFULNESS WALKS: These have now been approved and Carys will start them as soon as possible. They are designed to help ‘Health & Well Being’and open to over 50s. A poster will be circulated when arrangements finalised for the 1st walk. Thanks expressed to Carys for pursuing this.

2.NORTH WALES WILDLIFE TRUST; ‘HERITAGE GRANT APPLICATION – HOLT RIVERSIDE PROJECT: - Mr. B. Campbell. Bob had kindly joined the meeting to give a fuller explanation on this grant application for which a lot of work has been done by Wildlife Trust, Bob and Paul Gaade. Bob explained that if successful then funding would be required if possible from HCC and support had been given in principle and funding would be discussed later in meeting. Bob gave a very good brief talk on the Vision of what could be, if the application successful, for the Castle Area, along the river bank and footpath from School Lane along past the Castle linking to past the Dragonfly Sculpture to Fairview. The aim of the improved pathway was to create accessibility for anyone with Mobility issues to be able to enjoy the beauty here as the more fortunate are able to. Bob was thanked for all his efforts and his account.  Letters of support had been sent including one from the Community Council.

3. SPEED STRIPS: Mr. Gaade had spoken to G. Lloyd from WCBC and he had advised that the strips could not be put by the School as it is less than 3 years since the other ones were placed there. It will be a while until the company who carry out this work are in WCBC area. Plans are being worked on by Welsh Government to make all villages 20m.p.h. but this could also be a while going through. The Police will continue Speed checks.

4. HOLT COMMUNITY GARDENERS: Bob Campbell: Bob reported that despite Wales in Bloom being cancelled this year they are still planning for next year and starting replanting and planning. He updated the members on successful lottery bids the Gardeners had applied for. John Cubitt complimented and thanked everyone involved for the beautiful planters, on the Cross and all the work carried out in Holt Village, to make it so attractive. These thanks were echoed from the Holt C.C.

5. ALLOTMENT RE-GENERATION GRANT: Bob joined in with the discussion. Bob had met with Nicky Ellis, Allotment Officer, WCBC and this grant is available to increase allotments also improve facilities there. A sum of money would have to be put forward by HCC if the application were successful and the members supported this in principle. Bob along with Paul Gaade offered to work on the application and then the Clerk would submit it in Holt CCs name as the allotments are owned by the Community Council. Allotment Number 2B has now been cleared of all the rubbish left by the tenant who was given notice and D. Davies who did an excellent job on this also cleared out the Bier house and took this rubbish away.

6. DEFIBRILLATOR: The matter of an additional Defibrillator had been considered but it was agreed that the existing one on Nisa was sufficient.

7.REMEMBRANCE DAY SERVICE: As agreed in the September meeting the Community Council will hold a Private Service. Mr. Gaade will conduct the service instead of the Vicar.  Notices of the ‘Order of Service’ will be displayed put on the  Village Facebook.

8. FINANCIAL SHEET: The members had all received the Financial Sheet for September 2020. Mr. Hinchliffe reported that for various reasons the 6 monthly Budget to the end of September, 2020 was £5000 favourable. Mr. Munnerley proposed this be received and approved as a true record, Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.

9. GENERAL MATTERS: FOOTPATH A534: Following the Clerk’s report of the incident and a further request for action on this dangerous stretch, the Clerk had received a reply from our Area Supervisor to say the work was being scheduled to be done. The Clerk had thanked him and this is excellent news for all users of this Footpath.  Footpath to Castle – It would appear the ditch dug where the hedge was removed is to plant a hedge. Noted.  HLHS – The Clerk had done a letter of support for the 15 Minute Heritage grant that they were applying for. Noted.

ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:

10. ELECTRIC POWER POINT – Public Car Park: A meeting had taken place in March and the Clerk recently contacted Emma Williams from WCBC to check on the progress of the installation. As expected the project had been delayed but now as soon as the town centre car parks are completed the programme for smaller installations, including Holt will begin. The Clerk had thanked Emma for this good news

11. MEMORIALS: Applications had been received for additional inscriptions for the late Mr. J. Broderick and late Mr. B. Davies. Mr. Gaade proposed these be approved, Mr. Cubitt seconded. All agreed.

12. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: There has been a problem with not all applications listed on WCBC website being received by members . Some were received by the Clerk, others sent and then passed around members but this was not proving satisfactory. Some not received at all. The Clerk is to be asked to receive all top copies of planning applications by e.mail and then they can be passed to members to look consider.

Applications since the September meeting as follows: The Cottage, Green Street, Holt – rear and side extensions (no objections). Holt Hill, Green Street, Holt – 5 applications of discharge of Conditions on plaster, doors, rooflights etc. (No objections). Stone Cottage, Church Street, Holt – Demolition of extension and outbuildings. Rear extension and refurbishment works. (no objections). 10 Cherry Orchard, Holt – Lawful development Certificate for proposed single storey rear extension. (no objections). 12 Redwood Close, Holt – side extension and garage conversion. (No objections). Westfield Depot, Buck Road, Commonwood – Extension to building and amendment to site layout approved by P/2015/0617 & 02 (Hol/14564) (no objections ). Land at Wrexham Road, Holt – Non material amendment to reserved matters P/2018/0009 – elevations & house type name. (no objections). Long Meadow, Hugmore Lane, Llanypwll, Wrexham – removal of Agricultural occupancy Conditions (no objections providing the ruling on the sale of agricultural occupancy dwellings has been met). 4 Smithfield Drive, Holt – Front, side & rear extensions (clerk to look into this as concern regarding size).

4 Millfield, Holt – Garden Shed (In Retrospect) – Objections to be sent as this seems very large for a ‘Garden Shed’ and members concerned with the application being in retrospect also Clerk to check on conditions placed on part of the garden. The members are becoming very concerned regarding some constructions in the village where no applications have been received and they are then put in Retrospectively. A large part of Holt is a Conservation Area and this needs to be protected. 3 The Gardens is currently a cause for concern as a brick wall and porch have been constructed and it is understood planning have visited and advised. Clerk to contact Councillor Morris.

ITEM 4 – AGENDA :

13. GRANT ALLOCATION 2020 – The following applications were received and grants given:- St, Chad’s Church, Holt £350, Kenyon Hall Committee £1650 (sect 19) £500 sect 137 (P. Hinchiffe declared interest). Friends of Holt School £500, Teenage Cancer Trust £100, Macmillan Nurses £100, Nightingale House Hospice £250, Marie Curie Nurses £100, Hope House £100, Wales Air Ambulance £200, Cerebral Palsy Cymru £100, Family Friends £100. Separate Councillors proposed and seconded these but they were proposed overall by Mr. P. Gaade and seconded by Mrs G. Jones. All members agreed. Additional Grant Applications: - Holt Riverside Reserve Project – Funding will be required should this be successful – agreed in principal. Village Gates – this already agreed in the sum of £683-43. Holt Town Trust – application for assistance with work required on the Cenotaph – This also agreed in principle but can’t consider until figures etc known. It was suggested these 3 applications be made from Reserves. This was agreed.

14. REVIEW OF CLERK’S SALARY: NALC PAY AWARDS 2020, 2.75% - This award resulted in an increase of £9.57 per month backdated to 1st April, 2020. The Clerk had also requested consideration of an additional 5 hours from 1st October, 2020 until 31st March, 2020 because of increased hours spent especially with the Covid situation but also with projects planned e.g. map of the cemetery, records to be archived when the situation allows. With the new salary from 1st April, 2020 this would be an increase of £66-20 a month from 1st October, 2020. The Clerk left the Zoom meeting whilst this was discussed. Mr. P. Hinchliffe proposed the increases be approved, Mrs Jones seconded. All members agreed. The Clerk thanked everyone.

ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

15. GENERAL MATTERS: Leaves in Village – is a sweeper due to visit? Francis Lane – Mr. Lewis raised the issue of the siting of Silos on the Wrexham Road development and opening of the hedge. Dee Park Play Area – Bench – Mr. gaade proposed the Clerk price a bench the same as ones in the Cemetery. Mrs Jones seconded. All in favour.

The next meeting is to be held on 24th November, 2020 at 7p.m.

ACCOUNTS TO BE APPROVED FOR PAYMENT – Mr. Lewis proposed these Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.

2692 – AVOW         Wages & Salary  £634.26

2699 – Marie Curie  Grant                  £100

2693 – D, Davies    Clearing Allotment  £250.00

2700 – Nightingale  Grant                  250

2694 – J. Pierce    Expenses               £121.91

2701 – Cancer Trust Grant                 £100

2695 – Friends Holt CP  Grant          £500.00

2702 – St. Chad’s   Grant                    £350

2696 – Kenyon Hall  Grant                £2150.00

2703 – C. Palsy     Grant                      £100

2697 – Hope House   Grant                £100-00

2704 – Macmillan    Grant                  £100

2698 – Family Friends Grant             £100.00

2705 – Air Amb      Grant                    £200

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *