|PRESENT: Mr. Gaade, Mr. Gibson, Mr. Ratcliffe, Mr. Lewis, Mrs Clays, Mrs Jones, Ms. McConville, Mr. Roberts, Councillor Morris, P.C. V. Griffiths and P.C.S.O. C. Murphy.
APOLOGIES: Mrs. Roberts and Mr. Williams.
CHAIR: Mr. Gaade, the Chairman took the chair and welcomed everyone to the meeting. A silence was held in respect of the late Mrs A. Burke and condolences expressed to Mr. Gibson as she was his sister.
MINUTES: Mrs Jones proposed, the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record, Mr. Ratcliffe seconded this.
ITEM 1 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. WISH LIST FOR YOUNG PEOPLE OF THE VILLAGE:
This has not been put to one side and the clerk had written to the bus companies to request later buses and extra night ones but WCBC replied to apologise that at present there is no extra funding available for this.
Dee Park Play Area – this has now been completed and the clerk has contacted Jonathan Price from WCBC to ask for the old equipment to be painted to match. Apparently there is a back log on this so it won’t be until at least late spring.
2. ERECTION OF 2 NEW NOTICE BOARDS ON THE REDROW ESTATE – HOLT ROAD, WREXHAM.
The planning application has been submitted and should go to the January meeting.
3.PROPOSED EXTENSION TO CAR PARK & TOILET REFURBISHMENT.
Planning has been granted for this and we have passed another step on the grant ladder at a meeting on 9th November, 2007. Thanks to Mrs Roberts who is working very hard to get the grant also Mr. Gaade, Councillor Morris and other councillors involved.
Car Park light is out of action and a new sodium light is to be erected.
It was agreed that the bench in the Bowling Green be moved as the police had requested at a meeting. Mrs Jones proposed this, Ms. McConville seconded.
8 crimes were reported and a list of these were presented to the councillors.
They were mostly thefts from vehicles and bikes stolen.
Waterways are to receive a letter as they did not notify the police that Father Christmas was to visit and there were severe problems with traffic. Colette had to attend and try to sort it out.
A section 50 has been served for anti social driving and the car taken away.
There has also been a severe crack down on under age drinking.
Help was sought in trying to identify the body of a white male found drowned in the River Dee at Holt. Descriptions have been published and this is an especially tragic end to someone’s life.
Remembrance Service – This was an excellent service thanks to the attendance and road closure carried out by Sgt. Dave Marsden, P.C. Griffiths and P.C.S.O. Murphy.
Thanks were also given for the wreath from the Police Authority.
Inspector Alex Goss has taken over from Inspector G. Clarke at the moment.
The meeting on 13th November, 2007 was quite well attended. The police are targeting
Anti social behaviour at weekends and a fine of £80 was issued for someone supplying alcohol to under age drinkers.
The next meeting of the Neighbourhood, Police Panel is scheduled for 4th March, 2007 and this is the residents chance to speak to the police about any issues they have in the village so please lets get the attendance up.
ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE:
5.LICENSE TO SELL ALCOHOL: Reply from WCBC told the Community Council that they are only consulted on these applications out of courtesy and our objections don’t carry any weight. Bellis’ were granted a license to sell alcohol to take off the premises.
6. HOLT UNDER 5s: A financial sheet was provided and Mrs Jones proposed £500 be granted and Mrs Clays seconded. They can approach us again if they are really struggling as this facility is vital to the young mothers and to the future of the school! All in favour.
7. KENYON HALL COMMITTEE: (Ms. McConville and r. Roberts declared interest)
There is a lot of necessary work which needs to be done here. Mr. Lewis proposed that the committee present their financial statements to the January meeting of the Council when we consider our Precept for 2008/9. Mr. Ratcliffe seconded this and all agreed.
8.MAINTENANCE OF THE MOWER: Clerk to contact Mr. Price.
9. LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN: List of possible sites for development put forward.
10.LONGFIELD: Councillor Morris informed us that there is no big issue over the small extension in retrospect as it has been explained and therefore planning granted.
West End House, Francis Lane, Holt – continued parking and operation of 1 private hire vehicle – no objections as no problems encountered with this.
Rose Cottage, Frog Lane – alteration and extension – no objections as these are to the rear of the property.
12. ELECTION OF THREE REPRESENTATIVES TO SERVE ON HOLT TOWN TRUST:
Mrs Jones proposed that Mr. Gaade and Mr. Gibson be re-elected. Mr. Roberts seconded.
Mr Gibson proposed Mr. Varley Mr Gaade seconded.
Mrs Jones proposed Mrs Clays Mr. Roberts seconded
The amendment was voted on and received 2 votes.
The original proposal was voted on and received 4 votes and was carried.
ITEM 3 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
13.GENERAL MATTERS –
Sign but no name for Church Street just before Bridge Court.
Top of Francis Lane/ Hugmore Lane – no name sign.
Lights needing attention – Lamp 5 Sandyway.
9 Wrexham Road, 18 Chapel Street.
14. CASTLE GATE: The question was asked when will this be adopted and Councillor Morris thought when the level of occupancy is high enough a complete survey will be done and adoption will take place.
15. HAND AND HEART: Question was asked regarding take away food. This is covered by A3 class use. A visit was made here however over their signage.
16. CLERK’S SALARY: The clerk was asked to leave the room and Mr. Lewis discussed whether the clerk was supposed to have received an annual increase to keep up with the set standards. The clerk came back in and was asked to put this forward for January.
17. REMEMBRANCE DAY: M r. Gaade had overheard some people, who were passing through the village but stopped to listen to the service, compliment the village on the excellent service. Our thanks again this year to Rev. Tucker for conducting the service, Kenneth Burningham for playing and the police for attending and to the brownies for placing the crosses and to all who helped make this service special.
Hope House grant £100
Wrexham Lions grant £ 50
Wrexham Cruse grant £ 50
NSPCC/Childline grant £ 50
Kenyon Hall grant £1500
St. Chad’s grant £ 300
WCBC planning £159
Mrs Pierce salary Nov/Dec £550
WCBC Play area £7000
Blue Loos hire £188
Greenthumb treatment £108
E.M.J. grasscutting £ 40
Tomlinsons’ rent field 2008 £ 1
Holt Under 5s grant £ 500
Mr. A. White salary - £610
Sept to Dec incl
These accounts were approved for payment by Mr. Lewis and seconded by Ms. McConville.
The next meeting should be on 15th January, 2008. This will be confirmed.
Season’s Greetings to everyone.