Holt Community Council – Meeting Minutes – 27th July 2021

[featured_image]
Download
Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 4.00 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date September 27, 2021
  • Last Updated October 18, 2021

Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 27th July 2021

7.00 P.M. AT THE KENYON HALL

SARAH ATHERTON M.P. Sarah had kindly contacted the Community Council and had been invited to an informal meeting at 6.30p.m. for her to introduce herself and meet members and take onboard anything she could help with. It was a very pleasant , constructive meeting when Sarah first gave a brief outline of her varied careers, amongst which were the Armed Services and Nursing, Social Work and Micro Brewing, to name just a few! She has been an M.P. since December 2019. Councillors were then invited to ask questions and Sarah re-enforced that she wants people to contact her with issues as she is the community voice in London. She has already visited Holt and helped the gardeners. The members were made aware that her office could assist with any Grant applications but with advice only not completing the applications and submitting them. The meeting ended for the Monthly Council meeting at 7p.m. and Sarah was thanked for taking her time to attend. It was felt, by members present that the meeting was pleasant and informative.

PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. J. Cubitt, Mrs G. Jones, Ms. A. Shone,  Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. S. Lewis. Mr. D. Powell. Mr. J. Pridding. Atherton M.P.

CHAIR: Mr. J. Cubitt, the Chairperson took the Chair and welcomed everyone, a silence was held in respect of the following – Late Mr. Graham Bithell and late Josie Astbury.

APOLOGIES: Mr. D. Munnerley. Mr. J. Hughes, Councillor M. Morris.

MINUTES: Mrs. P. Gaade proposed, Mr. S. Lewis seconded, the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record. All agreed.

ITEM 1. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

1.COMMUNITY AGENT: The post has not yet been filled but Holt is being covered and the Clerk has contact if needed.

2.WILDLIFE TRUST: COPSE: The Clerk has contacted Henry and a quote of £265 has been given for hedges and this has been accepted.

3. HOLT COMMUNITY GARDENERS: The Holt Community Gardeners and many residents had worked very hard and Holt was looking amazing for the ‘Wales in Bloom’ judging on the afternoon of 23rd, July, 2021. All was very positive but now there is a wait for the results sometime in September. Every Good Wish for success is extended to all.4. POLICE MATTERS: The PCSO Lisa Davies sent an e.mail to report that again, thankfully. It has been a quiet month. Speed checks were carried out on Smithfield Green on 7/7/2021 17.05 to 17.50 hours and out of 24 vehicles, none were speeding. A ‘Grab a Gripe’ session was held at Bellis’s on 2nd July, 2021 to give people a chance to speak to the police and it was very successful. The Clerk thanked Lisa.

4. ALLOTMENT RE-GENERATION GRANT: The work here was completed and the Clerk was to ask for plaques from Farm Gardens to display at the allotments in time for the judges walkabout when they will visit the allotments.

5. GENERAL MATTERS: There were so many of these that the Clerk is to arrange a walkabout of the village with the Area Supervisor Greg Macarthy from WCBC.

6. FINANCIAL SHEET: The sheet for June 2021 had been sent to members. Mr. Hinchliffe explained the figures on the Information sheet. Ms. Shone proposed this be approved and accepted, Mr. P. Gaade seconded. All agreed.

7. DEE PARK PLAY AREA – EXTRA LIGHTING: Mr. Gaade declared interest. Noted. The trees have been cut as agreed and it was proposed the £250 be paid to Joe Hughes, Mr. Lewis seconded this. Mega still haven’t turned the light as requested. The Clerk to chase this up.

8.. DEE PARK & CHURCH GREEN PLAY AREAS: The Clerk is to agree with Carla that the Church Green be done first and she is to contact the new Clerk to ask of the Holt Town Trust to ask if the Trust can contribute half the cost as agreed.

9.HOLT CASTLE: Chairman, Mr. Hinchliffe, Mr. Gaade and Mrs Jones met with Steve Grenter.  The agreement still stands that the Holt Community Council pay one third of the total cost of the Grass cutting but do not exceed £1000. This was put in an e.mail by Mr. Hinchliffe and a copy sent to Steve Grenter who had agreed it with members. Noted. Thanks to all who attended.

ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE:

10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Park House, Castle Street, Holt – Erection of Garage, Porch and External alterations. No objections. – Pre- Application letter received on behalf of Breedon Trading Ltd on Borras Quarry – Importation, processing and storage of road planings at Borras Quarry and the importation and storage of bitumen coated asphalt chippings (pre-coated chippings. Clerk is to ask how far they are transporting these and does it involve night working? Little Lodge, Castle Gardens, Holt – Reduce 13 No. Beech and 1. No. Ash by various amounts (within Holt Conservation area.) No objections. Holly Bush, Wrexham Road, Holt – Repaint windows and doors (within Holt Conservation area). No objections. Esp Hill Farm, Frog Lane, Holt – conversion of existing outbuilding to provide additional living space to existing dwelling. No objections.  Land adjacent to Bridge Salon, Bridge Street, Holt (Holt Conservation Area.) No objections.

11. ELECTRIC CHARGING POINT: Emma had replied giving voltages of power point but the Clerk was to request a meeting at the Car Park before anything installed as it has to be compatible with the power at the toilets.                                                     WCBC. ITEM 3 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

12. HGVS TRAVELLING THROUGH HOLT: Mr. Tomlinson had replied with a very co-operative reply and he also is concerned regarding this. As suspected this is mainly caused by Sat Nav. If names of companies that are causing problems, are sent to his secretary then the companies will be contacted. Members were very pleased at this offer of help to try to solve the problem.

13. HOLT C.P. SCHOOL – request for financial help of £140 to fund a coach for pupils to visit Wrexham Museum for the ‘Hidden Holt’ The Story of A Roman Site, exhibition. The Clerk had circulated this to members because of the school summer break. This had been agreed by members and the cheque taken to school by the Clerk.

14. Entrance to Holt from A534: Letter received from Farndon Parish Council who have raised dangers with the Farndon entrance from the A534, with Cheshire County Council and a petition formed. The members asked for Holt Community Council to raise the issue with WCBC. It was requested that the Clerk ask WCBC how many accidents have occurred by the Holt entrance?

ITEM 3 – AGENDA:

15. INDEPENDENT REMUNERATION CLAIM FOR 2021. – The Clerk made members aware of this and the members unanimously instructed the Clerk to return a ‘Nil’ claim for expenses.

16. REVIEW OF EXTRA HOURS FOR THE CLERK: This was submitted for the period 1st October, 2021 to 31st March, 2021 as there was a lack of clarity when this was previously agreed. Mr. Hinchliffe proposed this be agreed and the 5 extra hours be continued for this period, Mr. Cubitt seconded. Agreed. Clerk requested to keep time sheet.

ITEM 4 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

17. NEW WEBSITE: Clerk to ask Mr. B. Campbell if he would attend the September meeting to give an update on the progress of this.

18. FUNERAL BIER: This belongs to the Church and they have had a meeting and don’t want this outside the Church with a flower display on but have given the Holt Community Gardeners permission to use it in the Cemetery to display flowers. This would need to be stored in the winter in the Bier House and the members had no objection to this.

19. PUBLIC TOILETS/GATES CEMETERY: These have been painted by Mr. M. Frost.

20. LITTER BIN BY BRIDGE: A request had been received from the gardeners, to ask for this to be removed. The members were against this idea and no action was taken.

21. GRANT APPLICATIONS: These are all to be considered at the October meeting as no letters were received from Holt U.5s or Cool Cats.

ACCOUNTS: Mr. Cubitt, proposed the following accounts for July and any during  August recess in  be approved and paid, Miss Shone seconded. All agreed.

2761 – AVOW   Wages, Salary & charge                                                          £715.81

2762 – WCBC Cancelled           Half planning fee for wind turbine           £230.00

2763 – J. Pierce                Payment of fee above as cheque not accepted  £230.00

2764 – G.B. Leisure             1 extra box pegs                                                  £ 40.20

2765 – M & L                    Grass cuts Castle & Village entrance                 £306.00

2766 – WCBC                     Half year trade refuse                                        £505.00

2767 – Straffords Coaches       Hire coach for school trip                         £140-00

2768 – Hafren Dwfrwdwy          Water supply burial/allotments           £  76.37

2769 – S. E. Jones              Cutting cemetery hedge/work allotments.  £1200.00

2770 – E. Jones                 Grass cuts Cemetery/strim allotment.          £270.00

2771 – SLCC                     Membership 2021/22                                         £112.00

2772 – J. Pierce                Expenses                                                               £  44.51

The next meeting of the Holt Community Council will be held on Tuesday, 28th September, 2021 and everyone agreed it would again be held in the Kenyon Hall, restrictions allowing. Any problems it would be a Zoom Meeting.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *