Holt Community Council – Meeting Minutes – 26th October, 2010

Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 4.00 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date October 26, 2010
  • Last Updated October 15, 2021

Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 26th October, 2010

Venue: Holt Community Centre

PRESENT: Mr. Roberts, Mrs Roberts, Ms. Shone, Mrs Jones, Mr. Pridding,
Mr. Gibson, Mr. Lewis, Councillor Morris and Member of Public.

APOLOGIES: Mr. Gaade & Mr. Evans.

CHAIR: In the absence, of Mr. Gaade, who was on holiday, Mr. Roberts, the Vice-Chairman, took the Chair and opened the meeting with a welcome to everyone.
DEATHS: A silence was held in respect of the late Mrs Monk and Mr. Derek Parker.


1.    BOWLING GREEN: There are quite a few matters to discuss with this including the winter treatment of the green therefore a separate meeting is to be arranged in November!
2.    GENERAL MATTERS:Notice Board – clerk contacted the gentleman to stain this! Holt Hill – meeting here not arranged yet as clerk was away then Chairman! Bellis’s – copy of conditions of recent licence received. Notice Board, Car Park – these can be used by Church or other people. Lights to report – noted.
3.    ALLOTMENTS: Letters had been sent out by the clerk, as requested by the council. A member of the public had attended with regards to one of the letters and discussion took place over this with the lady and the council apologised for any misunderstanding but had not been aware of circumstances. To enable both parties i.e. council and tenants to be satisfied that everything is working well a meeting is to be held on 23rd November to discuss the allotments. The council will then draw up new rules and tenancy agreements. Clerk to notify all parties. Lady who attended was thanked especially for her helpful copy of rules from Allotment holders society.
4.    PUBLIC TOILETS: More damage has been done here and the council received a large water bill because of pipe damage. Generally the members are not happy with conditions here as a large grant was obtained and Holt are very lucky to have this excellent facility!


The above return had been sent back from Hacker Young auditors with a clean record and nothing to follow up on. This was very pleasing as Holt were picked as one of the 5% subsidiary, more in depth audit!
Ms. Shone proposed the Annual Return be formally received by the council and signed by the Vice-Chairman and Clerk (financial officer) Mr. Lewis seconded. All agreed.

Clays Cottage, Bryn Estyn Road: Storage of Caravans – to be recommended for approval (letter from Chief Planning Officer)
Land east of Sunnycroft: Erection of new dwelling (already approved) Changes to window/door openings. No objections.
Rear of Gredington Arms, Holt: Erection of 2 dwellings with 1 detached garage.
No objections to this as will tidy land up. Planning guide on amenity distances should be observed! Supportive letter to be sent as we objected to original plans and as we are not a negative council but want the best for the village, we wish this to be seen.
Roseacre Caravan Park, Daisy Lane, Rossett: Change of use of agricultural land to mixed use for Gypsy travellers families – no comment as in Rossett.
Ridge House, Green Street, Holt – Replace front door with white UVPC e.t.c. – should replace like for like.
5 Gourton Hall Court, Borras: single storey extension to side no. 5 – no objections.
3 Laurel Grove Barns, Holt Road, Ridley Wood: Single storey sun lounge extension – no objections.
1 The Cross, Holt: Erection of Canopy (partly in retrospect) – WCBC dealing with this – no comment from Holt.
Lodge Farm, Borras Road, Holt: Removal of condition to allow variation on Cow slurry only to be imported – the members objected to this as it contravines the policy on Waste Management and original planning was only granted as it was to be farm waste. If it is a general waste management facility it should be sited on the Industrial Estate. Ms. Shone proposed this, Mr. Lewis seconded. All agreed.


7.FINANCIAL STATEMENT: An approximate Financial Statement to 31/3/11, was given to each member and the clerk quickly went through it as because we cut the precept so much because of losing the Fairways Estate, we are running tight to keep within our precept and this must be considered when doing the grant allocations! The Community Council have adequate reserves in the Capital Fund but this money should not be wasted on the general running of the council! Mr. Lewis approved the Financial sheet be received and Mrs Roberts seconded. All agreed.

8.GRANT ALLOCATION: - Sheet handed out listing applications.
The following grant allocations were made: Mr. & Mrs Roberts declared interest on Kenyon Hall application)
Kenyon Hall Committee       maintenance                                             £1500
Kenyon Hall Committee       refreshments after Remembrance                £    25
St. Chad’s – Holt                    grasscutting – churchyard                       £  300
Wales Air Ambulance           rescue helicopters                                     £  100
NSPCC (childline)                 telephone support                                    £  100
British Red Cross                  Aid                                                             50
Royal British Legion             Donation Wreaths and Crosses                    £  125
£125 already paid. It was agreed to increase the donation to £150         £    25

The draft of the new leaflets were received and some spelling mistakes amended, these are to be given to Mr. Gaade to order 200. All agreed. Police to be asked to close the roads for the service (clerk to contact) Clerk has all the wreaths and crosses. The Holt Chapel ministers were asked to conduct the service but couldn’t so Rev. Tucker has kindly offered as he is taking the Church service. We are very grateful to Kenneth Burningham who is once again to play for us.
Refreshments are to be served in the Kenyon Hall after the service and the council agreed to give £25 towards this, annually.


As once again there was no representation from the police, a letter is to be sent to Inspector Paul Jones expressing the council’s concern that Holt are not receiving a fair share of policing. The quality of policing is not being criticised but the quantity and the constant changes in Holt of police. Mr. Gaade is to sign the letter.
Community Football – at the last meeting the PCSO notified everyone about the football and a presentation day was to be held to which members were invited. The council agreed to pay for medals. The clerk spent 2 days trying to contact someone to give the keys for the ground and to arrange the medals as PCSO Poppy Hadfield-Jones was away and nobody had contacted the clerk. This was very poor communication and caused a lot of extra work!
Articulated Lorry + Container – this was seen coming over the bridge towards Wrexham – Mr. Lewis kindly phoned the company to tell them. Thanks were given to him for this.
A couple of other matters were to be brought up with the police.


Garage Doors Dee Park – to be replaced. Thanks to Councillor Morris for this information. If garages are leased,  a check on lease can be kept. Mr. Gibson asked this?
Academy Garage – gap in fence – dangerous. Holt C.P. School – Mrs Jones reported that Kate Goodwin is temporary head whilst Marion Young is on secondment. Thanks to Gill for this. Leaves by the bungalows, Dee Park are to be reported. Brickyard Bends need surfacing – already reported. Frog Lane – pot hole and kerbs need painting on traffic calming. Dog Fouling in Cross Street/Green Street to be reported.
The meeting to discuss Allotments, Bowling and Playing Field is to be arranged on 23rd November, 2010 in Kenyon Hall at 7p.m. Next Council monthly meeting to be held on 30th November, 2010 at 7p.m. Mr. Lewis gave apologies for 23/11
ACCOUNTS TO BE PAID: Grants as listed in the minutes:
1750 C. Edwards   treatment green  £114-54

1752 Royal British Legion £60 (donation from Holt Town Trust.

1753 – WCBC lighting £268-63.
1754 - J. Pierce Salary & exp Oct  £337-69.

1755 – Banos repairs toilets £299-63.
1763 – Zurich Municipal  excess on mower £100.

1764 – Scottish Power energy £8.

1765 – Deeco repair light £41-13.

1766 – WCBC  repair lights £84-58.

1767 Dee Valley water £661-69.

1768 – Hacker Young Audit Fee 2009/10 £470.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *