Holt Community Council – Meeting Minutes – 26th June, 2018

[featured_image]
Download
Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 4.00 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date June 26, 2018
  • Last Updated October 19, 2021

Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 26th June, 2018

7 P.M. AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.

PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. S. Lewis, Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mr. P. Lewis, Mrs G, Jones, Ms. A. Shone, Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. J. Duffy, Councillor M. Morris, PCSO A. Heron & 2 Members of Public.

APOLOGIES: Mr. J. Hughes.

CHAIR: Mr. S. Lewis, the Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone to the meeting. There were no deaths recorded.

MINUTES: Mr. P. Gaade proposed the minutes of the last meeting, be signed and approved as a true record, Mr. P. Hinchliffe seconded, all agreed.

ITEM 1 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1a. CLEOPATRAS: Correspondence forwarded to WCBC.
1.  COPSE: Clerk had contacted Jonny Hulson but disappointingly the grass had still not been done! Clerk to contact him again and also ask for the grass around the Dragonfly Sculpture to be strimmed, report resin cracking on this.
2. PROPOSED NEW PLAY EQUIPMENT: It was agreed we would be adding a new piece of equipment to each Play area not replacing and a report was received and noted regarding the discussions and investigation so far,from Jeremy Hughes who is working with Gill Jones. This is ongoing. Thanks to Gill and Jeremy.
3. POLICE MATTERS: - PCSO ALISON HERON.
Monthly crime report sheets were handed around and although May was quiet there are still a lot of ‘Cold Callers’ operating either on telephone, e.mails or knocking on doors. As always residents urged to be vigilant and remember doors and windows in hot weather.
Visits were requested with Speed Camera. PCSO to ask traffic.  Alison hasn’t had dates for training for Hand Held Speed Guns yet. It was agreed the visit to the 101 Room in St. Asaph be held in October. Fly tipping was dealt with. Mr. Gaade expressed the councils disappointment that no letter of apology was received from families of youngster involved in damage to toilets as apparently it was accidental.
4. 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT – CHAPEL STREET: This was discussed again and the Clerk had received quotes from a company who supply the signs but we do need a bit of clarification. Mr. Gaade proposed we replace the broken one on the Wrexham Road, Ms. Shone seconded, all agreed. It was also agreed to look into the ‘Mobile’ one. i.e. Security e.t.c. Discussion took place and the programme was agreed in principle. The Clerk was requested to contact WCBC and ask for a 20mph Blanket Ban throughout the village. Agreed.
5. JONES LIGHTING – NEW LED LIGHTING: - The gentleman from Jones Lighting is to attend at 6.30 at the July meeting on 31st July, 2018.
6. DEFIBRALLATOR: This is not working properly. Mr. S. Lewis is looking into this. Thanks extended to him.
7. ALLOTMENTS: The vacant allotment was advertised as 2 halves and there were two applications. One from a lady in Farndon and one from a Holt resident. As there were no other applications Mr. P. Gaade proposed grant tenancy of half to Farndon resident with 3 year review. The other half to Holt resident. Ms. Shone seconded.

ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE:
8. FCC ENVIRONMENT: Community Liaison Meeting, Wednesday, 11th July, 2018 at 18.00 at Wrexham Recycling Park. Noted.
9. GRESFORD ROAD ACTION GROUP Noted.
10. WREXHAM & DISTRICT CITIZENS ADVICE: Application for grant aid received. To be kept to October meeting.
11. WREXHAM LDP 2013 -2028 – Acknowledgement of objections received.
12. WREXHAM PUBLIC SERVICES BOARD: Well being of future generation.
13. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: School House, School Lane, Holt – installation of replacement ground floor window (reinstated to original height to match adjoining window in form and detail) – No objections. Red Hall, Plas Bostock, Commonwood – Approval details (photographic survey paint service, colour exterior, joinery. No objections.
Hillside, Llanypwll – External Facing & roof materials – no objections.
14. FINANCIAL SHEET: Copies of the finances and budget were handed around. Mr. Hinchliffe kindly explained these. The money for the cemetery has now been spent from Reserves. It was agreed that as VAT claim would be exceptionally high this year because of this expenditure, that the Clerk do a 6 monthly claim. Agreed. Mr. Hinchliffe proposed the finances as true record, Mr. S. Lewis seconded. All agreed.

ITEM 3 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
15. NOTICE BOARD – LOCKS.  These need replacing. Mr. Gaade offered to look into this. Thanks given to him.
16. HOLT CASTLE – Grasscutting. This now in good condition and Steve Grenter has reimbursed the cuts paid for by the Community Council, to date.

ACCOUNTS – Mr. P. Lewis proposed the following accounts be approved for payment, Mr. P. Hinchliffe seconded. All agreed.
2472 – AVOW Wages June G. Crofts                    £241-13
2473 – HOLT U.5s Grant – Fun Day                    £500-00
2474 – M. Landscape Holt Castle – Grass cuts  £456-00
2475 – AVOW Wages July G. Crofts                     £241-13
2476 – J. Pierce Salary June & expenses             £359-50
2477 – WCBC 6 Months, Insp. Play Areas          £316-80
2478 – Mr. E. Jones Grass Cuts – Burial            £220-00
2479 – Mr. D. Kettle Grass Cuts – Bowling        £180-00
2480 – Jones Lighting St. Lighting – Maintenance  £160-70

Next Meeting Tuesday 31st July, 2018. None August! 18th September, 2018.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *