- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 26, 2016
- Last Updated October 17, 2021
Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 26th April, 2016
Venue: Holt Community Centre
PRESENT: Councillors – Mrs G. Jones, Ms. A. Shone, Mr. S. Lewis, Mr. J. Cubitt,
Mr. P. Lewis, Mr. J. Evans, Mr. P. Gaade, Councillor M. Morris and PCSO D. Jones.
APOLOGIES: Mr. D. Roberts, Mrs L. Roberts & Mr. J. Pridding.
CHAIR: Mrs G. Jones, the Chairperson, took the Chair and opened with a welcome.
A silence was then held in respect of the late – Mr. Frank Gibson, Mr. Thomas Gibson,
Mr. Terry White, Mrs Margaret ‘Jill’ Williams and Mr. Frances ‘Frank’ McConville.
MINUTES: Mr. S. Lewis proposed that the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record subject to the alteration of WCBC to N.W. Wildlife when referring to Jonny Hulson. Mr. P. Lewis seconded this. All agreed.
ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS – PCSO DAVID JONES.
Statistic sheets were handed out for March and once again crime low in the Holt area with one attempted theft from a vehicle and a theft of heavy garden ornament. David urged the public to be very careful in securing their premises and to be extra vigilant during the summer months with regard to garden furniture and ornaments. The priorities for Holt at the present time are still Dog Fouling which is still a big worry to the Council and the Clerk has contacted the new company responsible for tackling this and they will visit Holt and impose fines where necessary. Letter to be put in Church newsletter. Parking – this is still and ongoing problem and discussion took place over one vehicle and even though the PCSO has visited the owners and the vehicle has been moved slightly, the members are still not happy and the clerk is to write.
Speeding – this is still an issue especially motorbikes on the by pass. Noise from a motorbike has also been reported and the bike was actually heard in the meeting! PCSO Jones noted the comments and will chase the necessary things up. Thanks to him for attending.
ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (2013 – 2028) – PREFERRED STRATEGY CONSULTATION. Comments were sent to WCBC and a letter of acknowledgement has been received. Noted.
2. PUBLIC TOILETS: The amended water bill has still not been received despite the Clerk and Dee Valley chasing this with Welsh Water.
3. ADDITIONAL SIGN FOR ‘HOLT’ – Mr. Gaade had got some sketches and prices and had consulted Councillor Morris. The sketches were looked at and Ms. Shone proposed allow Mr. Gaade and Councillor Morris to go ahead with this working with Wrexham, Mr. Cubitt seconded, all agreed.
4. PARKING ON CROSS: A reply was received from Cleopatra’s to say they cannot contribute to bollards. This matter was further discussed and it was proposed to now put the matter in the hands of highways and ask them to deal with the issue as they think appropriate.
5. TOILET CARETAKER AND VILLAGE CARETAKER: Discussion took place over payment of these two posts and as the clerk would have to set up PAYE for them she is finding the increased workload too much after 37 years in the post. Councillor Morris then suggested paying WCBC a small fee to contract pay them. Mr. Gaade proposed this be followed up Ms. Shone seconded, all agreed. The Clerk to speak to J. Hinds and she has spoken to the street scene supervisor regarding cleaning of the village/Cross as presently no one does this.
6. FINANCIAL STATEMENT AND INCOME AND EXPENDITURE AS AT 31ST, MARCH, 2016. These sheets were handed out by the Clerk as all books e.t.c. with the Internal Audit. Notification has been received from the External Auditors that the Audit of the Annual Return for 2015/16 must be completed by 30th June, 2016. The Notice of Audit will be posted as instructed. The sheets were looked at by the members, Mr. P. Lewis asked about the income and expenditure situation of the Bowling Green and toilets. This was shown on the second sheet and was noted. Mr. P. Lewis proposed the both sheets be accepted as an accurate balance of the finances at 31st March, 2016, Mr. Gaade seconded and Mr. Gaade asked that thanks be recorded to the Clerk for the Financial records. All agreed.
ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
7. WREXHAM ENERGY CENTRE: Notice of acceptance of application by the Planning Inspectorate also a DVD received. This was noted and Councillor Morris informed us that the application was for reduced capacity from the original application.
8. WREXHAM COUNTY BOROUGH REORGANISATION : letter received from Ian Lucas MP regarding comments made about his views, at a meeting held by the Leader of the Council, when he was not present. The matters in the letter were noted.
9. NS&I – Letter to inform us that the interest rate on savings is being reduced from .75%gross to .45% from the 1st July, 2016. The Clerk asked if she could put an item regarding this account on a future agenda for review as this money was invested when graves were cared for with money left in wills. The council no longer care for individual graves as it is not their policy. It was agreed this is to be discussed.
10. MAINTENANCE OF THE PLAYING FIELD: WCBC had contacted the Clerk regarding maintenance of the field and they had agreed that when the field is developed the contract would cease and only grass cuts carried out would be paid for. Mr. Gaade proposed the contract be accepted on these conditions, Mr. S. Lewis seconded. All agreed.
11. ZURICH INSURANCE FOR 2016/17: The insurance renewal was received for £751-61. It was agreed this be paid and that it was a very good deal!
12. NIGHTINGALE HOUSE: An invitation was received to the Annual general meeting of the Hospice on 28th April, 2016. The invite was noted with thanks.
13. ANNUAL MEETING OF THE COUNCIL: An invitation was received for this and Mrs G. Jones, the Chairperson, accepted this. Clerk to reply.
14. BOWLING GREEN: quotation of treatments for 2016/17 received. The first treatment done and involved some small extra work costing £50 extra. This was approved for payment and the quotation accepted.
15. HLHS – CROXTON FIELD DIG: This is to be held on 3-15th May 2016 , volunteers are being sought. Noted.
16. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Land South of Ridleywood Lane and East of Bryn Lane, Wrexham Industrial Estate – Variation to conditions nos.2 and 3 of planning appeal to extend the time limits for submission of reserved matters application & for commencement of development by a further 3 and 5 years respectively. No objections. Laurel Grove House, Holt Road, Ridley Wood, Wrexham. Replace existing soft wood windows and main door with new UVPC cream colour windows and nutmeg colour door contrary to condition 2 imposed under planning permission P/2015/0612 (in retrospect) – no objections. Frog Lane House, Frog Lane, Holt –Replacement of windows in conservation area – no objections. Ashley Court, Holt – erection of conservatory – no objections. Strawberry Garden, Deeside – fell 2 Sycamore trees (Holt conservation area) no objections.
ITEM 4 ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
17. GENERAL MATTERS: Potholes Commonwood. Quote needed for light Deeside but Clerk to chase up new light at Dee Villas again. Litter bins on Cross getting full. Lights on road sign. Speed bump Millfield (kerb loose.)
18. HOLT CASTLE: Grass cutting – Clerk to inquire how many grass cuts are planned for 2016 as a lot of money, time and effort has been put into the castle and the area is well visited and needs to be kept in good order.
ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT – these were proposed by Mr. J. Cubitt and seconded by Ms. A. Shone. All agreed.
2244 – Jones Lighting Street Lighting maintenance £153-91
2245 – Mrs J. Pierce Salary & expenses – April £349-67
2246 – Mr. M. Jones Treatment Bowling Green £350-00
2247 – EMJ Services Grass cutting £220-00
2248 – Mr. D. Kettle Grass cutting £120-00
2249 – Mr. G. Crofts Wages April nett £172-80
2250 – Dee Valley Water supply £ 10-39
2251 – JDH Audit Fee 2015/16 £244-80
2252 – WCBC Council Tax £1044-90
2253 – EDF Street lighting energy £582-10
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 31st May, 2016.