Holt Community Council – Meeting Minutes – 24th November, 2020

[featured_image]
Download
Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download
  • File Size 4.00 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date October 24, 2020
  • Last Updated October 18, 2021

Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 24th November, 2020

Venue: Zoom meeting

The Zoom meeting was kindly set up as the previous meeting, by Mr. J. Cubitt using the membership set up by HLHS. The HCC record thanks to John and HLHS for this.

PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. P. Hinchliffe, Mrs G. Jones, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. S. Lewis, D. Munnerley. J. Hughes, Ms. A. Shone, Councillor M. Morris and Mr. B. Campbell.

CHAIR: Mr. J. Pridding, the Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone to the meeting.

MINUTES: Mr. P. Gaade proposed, Ms. A. Shone seconded, the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record. All agreed.

 

ITEM 1: MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

1.COMMUNITY AGENT: CARYS HUGHES: MINDFULNESS WALKS: The first of the walks has been arranged and is due to take place albeit with a different route than planned, because of the flooding. There has been a good response to this. They are designed to help ‘Health & Well Being’ and open to over 50s. The Clerk and Paul Hinchliffe had attended a Zoom meeting with the Penley Rainbow Consortium and Community Agents and Clerks e.t.c from other communities. The Consortium and Community Agents are doing a fantastic job especially so in this difficult time when everything has had to change. The Clerk had also attended a Zoom meeting with WCBC who operate the Grant funding finance for the provision of Community Agents.

2.NORTH WALES WILDLIFE TRUST; ‘HERITAGE GRANT APPLICATION – HOLT RIVERSIDE PROJECT: - Mr. B. Campbell.

The Grant application had not been successful but Bob explained that some improvements could still be made to general access by cutting back hedges and kissing gates installed or altered. This could be achieved by working with WCBC Footpaths Officer, Heritage and some funding from Holt Community Council, as support had been given in principle to the application for a grant. A good discussion was held on this and Bob was thanked.

3. POLICE MATTERS: The police are continuing their hard work and keeping in touch with updates for which we are very grateful. The PCSOs have also offered to meet representatives from the HCC should there be concern over any issue. They will continue with Speed checks and increase them as soon as other pressures decrease.

4. HOLT COMMUNITY GARDENERS: Bob reported that the gardeners were still working hard and the Polytunnel was full. Mr. Hale and Mr. Formstone had handed over the upkeep of the Entrance of the Village and some Geraniums had been given for gardeners to plant the tubs. The Holt CC will be arranging grass cutting of the verges. Bob was thanked and left the meeting.

5. ALLOTMENT RE-GENERATION GRANT: The Holt Community Council have been successful with this but the amount was slightly less than applied for but still very acceptable and pleasing. Quotes are now needed for fencing, water supply e.t.c. and all conditions of the grant must be adhered to, which will be quite time consuming. Mr. J. Cubitt proposed the Clerk accept the grant on behalf of HCC and Mr. S. Lewis seconded, all agreed. Paul Gaade had met E. Jones at the allotment with regard to trimming hedge on right hand side and he asked permission to burn the cuttings where the bracken is. He quoted £200, Mr. Pridding proposed this be accepted, Mrs Jones seconded.

6. REMEMBRANCE DAY SERVICE: This went very well albeit differently from other years. Mr. Gaade did an excellent job of leading the service and the wreaths and crosses were laid. Shane Coupland played the Reveille and Last Post and thanks were extended to both of them. Thank you also to anyone who did turn up for sensibly distancing.

7. FINANCIAL SHEET: The members had all received the Financial Sheet for October 2020. Mr. Hinchliffe talked members through the explanation sheet. Mr. Gaade proposed this be received and approved as a true record, Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed. The November Financial sheet will be forwarded to members after the 30th November, 2020.

9. GENERAL MATTERS: FOOTPATH A534: The work had been carried out as promised by WCBC and the Clerk had sent thanks.

ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:

8. MEMORIAL: Application had been received for additional inscription for Late Anthony Lotherington and removal of existing kerbs and vases on the grave and a new headstone on the grave of his parents. This had been agreed electronically but was reapproved at the meeting by all members.

9. REVIEW OF COUNTY ELECTORAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE WCBC: This had been explained by Councillor Morris and didn’t affect Holt. Noted.

10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: 3 The Gardens, Holt – still no planning application received but advised one a firm has been hired to submit one. 5 Smithy Cottages, Sandy Lane, Holt Single Storey Side Extension – no objections. 3 Smithfield Drive, Holt – Two storey side extension (partial replacement of existing garage) and single storey rear extension.  The planning are already looking into the planning application 4 Smithfield Drive and number 3 Smithfield Drive as there is some concern that aterraced effect may be created. The Holt CC therefore sent no objections or concerns to WCBC.

ITEM 4 – AGENDA ITEMS:

1. FORMAL RE-ADOPTION OF THE  FOLLOWING: Model Code of Conduct, Standing Orders, Financial Orders, Retention Policy, Investment Strategy and Risk Assessment. – Mr. Cubitt proposed these all be approved and adopted and Mr. Hinchliffe seconded. All agreed subject to a small issue in the Cemetery (found when checking any risks) this being a broken bench and roller left underneath the seat. Mr. Gaade will check this and it will be rectified. All members agreed these actions.

2. HOLT RIVERSIDE PROJECT: This had been discussed when Bob Campbell was present but the Financial side hadn’t. The matter was discussed again and it was agreed that the Clerk contact Sion Roberts WCBC and arrange a meeting with Bob Campbell and Paul Gaade and possibly N.W. Wildlife (Henry) to establish what funding or provision they could still make and then when a new lesser Project figure was available Mr. Hinchliffe proposed the Holt CC contribute 25% of the total as their contribution. Mr. Gaade seconded and all members agreed.

3. SECTION 137 GRANT TO HOLT BROWNIES: An application was received from Rachel Smith who has run the Brownies in Holt for many years. This year because of Covid there has been no income to pay the levy to register the group which is £40 per member. Mr. Hinchliffe proposed grant £40 per member for Brownies residing in Holt. Mr. Gaade seconded, all agreed.

ITEM 4 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

11. DEE PARK: provision of a new bench. This matter had been raised by Mrs Jones at the October meeting as the existing one is broken. The Clerk inquired what price range the members were looking at. Mr. Gaade then proposed 2 seats be purchased as there is a tarmac area where one could be placed and the existing broken seat is on hardstanding. Mrs Jones seconded and all agreed. The Clerk will now seek various prices. Councillor Morris suggested seek advice from Carla in WCBC.

12. GENERAL MATTERS: Clerk had received information regarding Grants to Churches. Councillor Morris checked and we are able to make the grant for grasscutting. Question was asked regarding how long the Road from Commonwood to Borras would be closed. This to be checked. Hedge in front of the Community Centre – Mrs Jones asked whether this could be removed. The Clerk had checked this and sent her an e,mail but would re-send it. 2 Main road lights on all day belonging to WCBC -Clerk to report. Development on old playing field, Wrexham Road, Holt. – There had been concerns here over siting of silos but this had been sorted between resident opposite and developers. Mr. Gaade was concerned with vans parked all day on frontage of Wrexham Road and vehicles reversing out of the site. He will check on what agreement exists with Darren Green from planning. Letter to be sent to resident regarding ‘dog fouling’.  Collection of Bins from ‘Secret Spa’ – problems are occurring here and the Clerk to contact WCBC and try to get the problem sorted. A seat on the Church Green with rusting, sharp edges was reported but will be passed to the Holt Town Trust by one of the members on that committee!                                                      12. BUDGET FOR 2021/22 – Members were asked to consider anything they thought provision needs to be made for. Clerk and Mr. Hinchliffe to arrange safe meeting to work on the Budget figures to end March 2021 and also the proposed Budget for 2021/22. This will then be sent to members before the Budget Meeting in January 2021 when the Precept will be set for 2021/22. Clerk to chase up some outstanding invoices including Mr. Hinds who does village clean. He is to be asked to complete the allotted hours by giving village a clean where needed.

ACCOUNTS TO BE APPROVED FOR PAYMENT – Mrs Jones proposed these and any invoices that needed paying in the December recess be approved, Ms. Shone seconded. All agreed.

2706 – AVOW             Wages & Salary (including increase & back pay Clerk) £843.02

2707 – E. Jones         Hedge Cutting – Cemetery                                                   £120.00

2708 – N.W. Wildlife    Autumn - Cut of  Copse                                                   £350.00

2709 – EDF              Street Lighting Energy                                                           £197.53

2610 – Holt Bowlers     Expenses for seed & paint for pavilion.                       £138.49

 

The next meeting will be the Budget Meeting, date to be agreed for early January when Precept requirement date known from WCBC.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *