- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date March 19, 2013
- Last Updated October 16, 2021
Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 19th March, 2013
Venue: Holt Community Centre
PRESENT: COUNCILLORS:- J. Pridding, G. Jones, A. Shone, J. Cubitt, S. Lewis, L. Roberts, D. Roberts, P. Lewis, P. Gaade. PCSO Phil Peters. B. Campbell.
APOLOGIES: Councillor J. Evans & County Councillor M. Morris. PCSO Dobby.
CHAIR: Mr. Pridding, the Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone. PCSO Peters was welcomed and thanked for stepping in for Luke Dobby. The council weren’t aware of any deaths in the village during the month.
ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS – PCSO PETERS:
There Had been few incidents in the month except for 1 Criminal damage, 1 domestic incident and 1 ASB warning. Parking is still an issue.
PCSO Dobby may be losing some hours in Holt to cover Industrial Estate but we will look into this with him.
A couple of matters were pointed out to Phil and he noted them!
He was thanked very much and left at this point.
MINUTES: The minutes of the last meeting were proposed by P. Lewis, as a true record and seconded by P. Gaade, all agreed.
ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1. WALES IN BLOOM: There is another meeting of this committee on 23/3/13 B. Campbell and J. Cubitt have been working very hard in Holt liaising with the school, businesses e.t.c. Bob reported that the Town Hall garden project is nearly finished. The Holt Town Trust have agreed to improve the flower beds on the Cross and they have got 3 potential gardens as viewing ones but would welcome others on the route. Schoolchildren are to plant wild flowers at the entrance to the village and Bob to speak to Mr. Formstone as he kindly cuts the verges here! The woodland is to be cut nearer the time! There is still a lot to be done but sincere thanks go to all involved.
2. FUNDING OF THE HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE: Nothing further on this, still under review with Wrexham.
3. ENERGY CHARGES: A joint meeting is to be held, with the Holt Town Trust, to discuss this as for many years the Town Trust have paid the bill but cannot see this continuing. Clerk is to look into this and get some information.
4. PUBLIC TOILETS: The plumber is to be contacted, he had phoned but calls kept crossing. Some damage had occurred again.
5. SIGN BY BRIDGE – WELCOME TO WALES – This had still not been replaced.
ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
6. INVITATION TO ANNUAL MEETING OF THE WCBC:
Mr. Pridding will attend this as Chairman.
7. NHS PLANNING: Copy of letter sent to Minister for Health & Social Services regarding proposals for changes to health services in N. Wales.
8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Holt Lodge Farm, Hugmore Lane, Llanypwll Certificate of Lawful development for existing use of land & buildings as Residential cartilage ancillary to Holt Lodge Farm & certificate for existing
as a tennis court – no objections.
The Fisheries – proposed toilet & shower block provision – the members had objected to this application and notification received of its withdrawal.
Borras Hall, Borras Lane, Llanypwll – 3 applications –1. Extension of existing agricultural barn & demolition of existing agricultural shed.
2.Listed building consent for modification & retention of domestic outbuilding & retention of existing agricultural barn. 3.Modification & retention of domestic outbuilings & Retention of existing agricultural barn
2 Section 78 appeals – Land South of Ridley Wood & 2 Chapel Street, Holt.
ITEM 4 – AGENDA:
9. INDEPENDENT REMUNERATION – COUNCILLORS:
Councillor Morris had kindly advised the Clerk on this and after discussion and reading the 2 Options.
Mr Gaade proposed no Councillors claim a remuneration except the existing small one to the Chairperson, Mrs Jones seconded.
Amendment proposed by Mr. P. Lewis – This should only be awarded in exceptional individual cases. The Chairperson to stay as it is! Ms. Shone
Seconded this. Vote all in favour.
10. FINANCIAL SHEET: A sheet was issued by Clerk giving an approximate Bank Balance as at 19th March, 2013. Mr. Gaade proposed this be received, Mr. P. Lewis seconded, all agreed.
ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
11. BOWLING GREEN: Clerk to contact water board to price connection to mains. Pipe to be laid from toilets to hut. Underground. To contact people for doing treatment here.
12. SMITHFIELD STREET/CHAPEL STREET: Letter received with petition but with Community Council’s name on. This was asking for Traffic Calming i.e. speed humps, 20m.p.h. signs. After discussion the council agreed to forward the letter & petition separately after the removal of the council’s name from the heading and also write to the WCBC asking for ‘A one way traffic system from the Frog Lane end out onto Wrexham Road’ or 20m.p.h. system as by most schools! As they thought these options preferable to speed humps.
ACCOUNTS APPROVED FOR PAYMENT BY MR. GAADE SECONDED BY MR. P. LWEIS.
1930 – E.M.J. Services maintenance moss e.t.c. £ 84-00
1931 – Mrs J. Pierce expenses (annual) £401-70
1932 – WCBC maintenance playing field £867-32
The meeting closed and the next meeting will be on Tuesday, 30/4/13.