- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date May 16, 2017
- Last Updated October 18, 2021
Holt Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 16th and 30th May, 2017
Venue: Holt Community Centre
HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL & 1ST MEETING AFTER THE ELECTIONS – HELD ON TUESDAY, 16TH MAY, 2017 AT 7P.M. AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.
PRESENT: Councillors – Mrs G. Jones, Ms. A. Shone, Mr. J. Duffy, Mr. P. Lewis, Mr. S. Lewis, Mr. J. Pridding, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Cubitt. 2 members of public.
The above councillors were returned unopposed, at the recent elections on 4th May, 2017 and there are 2 vacancies remaining on the Holt Community Council.
The councillors all proceeded to sign the ‘Declaration of Office and Acceptance of the Code of Conduct’ these were all countersigned by the Clerk.
ITEM 1A – ELECTION OF CHAIRPERSON:
Mrs Gillian Jones the retiring Chairperson proposed Mr. Steve Lewis. This was seconded by Mr. Jim Duffy. All agreed and Mr. Steve Lewis accepted and thanked everyone and expressed his wish to do his best to serve Holt. Mrs Jones handed over the Chain of Office to him and she was thanked for all her hard work and efforts as Chairperson. She in turn thanked everyone.
ITEM 1B – ELECTION OF VICE-CHAIRPERSON:
Ms. A. Shone proposed Mr. J. Pridding Mr. S. Lewis seconded.
Amendment - Mr. P. Gaade proposed Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. J. Duffy seconded.
The Amendment was voted on with 2 votes given. The proposal was then voted on with 4 votes received, The proposal was carried.
Mr. J. Pridding was congratulated and accepted the office.
ITEM 2 – CO-OPTION OF TWO MEMBERS TO SERVE ON HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL.
This is to be done by placing the official notice on the notice board, Village website and Village Facebook. Mr. J. Duffy proposed this, Mr. P. Gaade seconded. All agreed. The members of the Public had come to observe the meeting but were invited to speak and the lady present thought younger people were more able to keep up to date with village affairs on the website and facebook than on the Notice Board. She was thanked. The closing date for applications is Friday, 26th May, 2017 and then applicants will be invited for an informal interview at 6.40p.m. on Tuesday, 30th May, 2017 before the main meeting. The process of co-option will then take place in the Monthly Meeting Commencing at 7p.m.
ITEM 3 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
1. HOLT UNDER 5S – Application for grant towards expenses for planned Community Fair. The finances listed in the letter were discussed and Mrs Jones proposed £400 Ms. Shone seconded, all agreed.
2. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: 4 Cross Street, Holt – Erection of two-storey 3 bedroom detached dwelling & construction of associated gardens, parking & turning areas for the proposed dwelling and 4 & 5 Cross Street, Holt. No objections.
5 Cross Street, Holt – Application for Conservation Area Consent for demolition of stone wall (within Holt Conservation area) – It was agreed that the members object to this application even though the plans were to re-build the wall in new position on site. The reason for objection was there is a need to preserve the character of the Holt of which the sandstone walls are a part off and also there is a need to be consistent with planning (previously part of a wall was removed and had to be re-instated)
Cornish Hall Barns – this application to be left to the next monthly meeting on 30th May, 2017 to give time for Clerk to get information from Planning.
3. SELECTOR DNA – Mr. Cubitt had been made aware of this being operated in the Cheshire Police Force and a Presentation had been offered to Holt in light of burglaries in Holt and Farndon. This was discussed and it was thought the North Wales Police would have this in operation so the Clerk to inquire!
4. I Beacon – Meeting had been held regarding this on 3rd May, 2017 at the Wrexham Museum. Feedback from the meeting was positive and encouragement to participate given.
5. HOLT CASTLE: Clerk had contacted Steve Grenter and 1 cut had been done very inadequately because of machinery and length of grass not the gentlemen carrying out the work. Clerk to contact Steve again!
Mr. Duffy congratulated Councillor Morris on his success in the elections. This was echoed by members and well done to Mr. Duffy on his first time of standing as Councillor for WCBC.
Everyone was thanked for attending and the next Monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, 30th May, 2017.
HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 30TH MAY, 2017 AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.
PRESENT: Councillors – Mr. S. Lewis, Ms. A. Shone, Mrs G. Jones, Mr. J. Duffy,
Mr. P. Lewis, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. J. Cubitt. Councillor Morris and 4 members of the Public.
APOLOGIES: Mr. J. Pridding.
MINUTES: The minutes of the meeting held on 25th April, 2107 were signed and approved as a true record. Mr. Gaade proposed, Mrs Jones seconded, all agreed.
CHAIR: Mr. S. Lewis, the Chairperson, took the Chair and opened the meeting with a welcome and a silence was held for the late Mr. Arthur ‘Derek’ Tapp who had served on the Community Council, Mr. Rupert Capper and also the victims of the Bombing in Manchester.
CO-OPTION OF MEMBERS ONTO COMMUNITY COUNCIL –
The Clerk had received 3 applications from the advert. The applicants were Mr. Paul Hinchliffe,
Mr. Jeremy Hughes and Mr. David Munnerly. A meeting had taken place before the main meeting when the 3 applications were considered then each applicant was interviewed. Only members were present for this. A ballot was then carried out and the successful applicants were Mr. Jeremy Hughes and Mr. Paul Hinchliffe. Mr. David Munnerly just missed out. All applicants were very good and choice difficult!
The applicants were then invited into the main meeting where Mr. S. Lewis thanked them for attending and the results were given. Mr. Dunnery was invited to stay but left the meeting. Mr. Paul Hinchliffe and Mr. Jeremy Hughes then accordingly signed Declaration of Office and Acceptance of the Model Code of Conduct and joined the Councillors.
ITEM 1 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
1. MUGA – The Clerk had contacted P.C. Goss who had wanted the MUGA moved. At the meeting with the developer it was explained why this was not possible and her answer to this was that no access be obtained from Wrexham Road. The Clerk is to reply to state any changes at this point would entail changing the section 106 agreement and would be costly. The section 106 is on
WCBC website also conditions.
2. SPEED SIGN – WREXHAM ROAD: This has been reported twice to Mr. Paul Rodgers at WCBC but is still not fixed. Clerk to pursue again.
ITEM 2 – POLICE MATTERS:
3. P.C. Alison Heron was on Annual leave and no police representatives were present. Alison had sent the Monthly report and this was given out. The crime numbers were relatively low with 1 Burglary, 1 Criminal damage at Bryn Estyn,
Anti Social Behaviour (Bryn Estyn), ASB Environment at the vacant Gredington Arms Llan y pwll. There is a constant reminder for everyone to be vigilant with the summer months coming.
ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
4. MEMORIAL APPLICATION – An application was received for the late Mrs Audrey Chivers. Mrs G. Jones proposed permission be granted, Mr. P. Gaade seconded. All agreed. The Clerk was requested to put the Cemetery on the agenda for the next meeting.
5. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Cornish Hall Barns, Wrexham Road, Holt – Application for variation of conditions imposed under planning permission P/2016/0617. Condition 1 – to show approved plan drawing references. Condition 4 – to allow amendments to the mitigation plan & compensation measures. This application was held back from the meeting on 16/5/17 to obtain more information. The Clerk had spoken to planning who explained this was in relation to the provision of a ‘Bat Loft’ which is to be put in garage roof not in barn as planned. No objections were raised.
1 Ashley Court, Holt – Removal of 2 conifer trees & 2 Silver Birch trees – no objections. Cae Ffynnon, Holt Road, Llan y pwll, Wrexham – extensions to dwelling. Concern expressed over the size of the extension. Clerk to enquire if it is within the required % increase in a rural area?
Spring Grove Barns, Hugmore Lane, Llan y pwll, Wrexham – conversion of outbuilding to dwelling and new access. No objections.
Commonwood Fishery, Buck Road, Commonwood, Holt – Change of use for the provision of holiday accommodation allied to the existing fishery, comprising 8 holiday lodges & 12 timber holiday pods, central facilitieslodge & reception/managers lodge & construction of a fishing lake, Great concern was expressed with this application and Mr. J. Duffy proposed the clerk object:
a. Traffic increase this will bring at very busy junction Commonwood/Borras Road.
b. Too many buildings visible in a very flat rural area.
c. Original planning stated that if business failed in future the land be cleared of buildings and re-instated.
d. Managers Lodge – A request is to be made that if permission given a clause be put in place that the manager’s lodge only be occupied after other development. Mr. Gaade seconded these points and all agreed.
6. PUBLIC TOILETS: 2 light fitments in ladies toilets faulty. Mr. I. Pierce had met Mr. Gaade on site and had submitted a quote of £112-00 for complete job. Mr. gaade proposed this be accepted Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.
7. NIGHTINGALE HOUSE: An invitation was received to various events and the Clerk is to pass the information on.
ITEM 4 – PLANNING APPLICATION – At this point in the meeting the members of
Public were invited to speak. Two of them addressed the meeting with regard to an imminent planning application. This was discussed and they were thanked and left the meeting. Councillor Morris informed the meeting that there would be an application coming in from Gourton Hall, G. Motorbike.
If this requires extra time the clerk is to be contacted.
8. FINANCIAL SHEET: Clerk presented an income and expenditure sheet from
1st April, 2017 to 30th May, 2017. Mr. Cubitt proposed this be received Ms. Shone seconded. All agreed. Clerk to arrange to meet Councillor Morris over budget sheet. Mr. P. Hinchliffe offered to join with this . This offer was accepted and he was thanked.
ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
9. SELECTDNA – the Clerk is to make inquiries with PCSO A. Heron when she returns from leave.
10. MINUTES FROM ANNUAL MEETING – 16th May, 2017. The Clerk handed these out and Mr. P. Lewis proposed, Mr. Gaade seconded they be approved and signed. All agreed.
11. MONTHLY NOTICE OF COUNCIL MEETING – Mr. Gaade asked Mr. Duffy if he would put this on the Village Facebook every month. He agreed to do this and was thanked.
12. SIGN FOR VILLAGE – ROSSETT ROAD. – approval was given for this sometime ago but it was agreed that Mr. Gaade now proceed.
13. ENTRANCE TO DEE PARK – Mrs G. Jones proposed that WCBC be requested to put a ‘Children Playing’ sign at the entrance to Dee Park to warn vehicles to travel slowly onto the site. Mr. Duffy seconded this. All agreed.
14. FLOWER DELIVERY LORRY: This is parking to deliver flowers and causing danger and inconvenience. Clerk to report.
15. MATTERS TO REPORT: Fly tipping of a tree onto Meadows. Report to PCSO.
Hedge needing cutting.
ACCOUNTS – Mr. P. Lewis proposed these be approved and paid, Mr. Gaade seconded. All agreed.
2348 – Mr. P. Gaade Toilet Maintenance Accessories £ 57-60
2349 – Mr. D. Kettle Grass Cuts (Bowling £180-00
2350 – Mr. E. Jones Grass Cuts Cemetery) £220-00
2351 – Holt U.5s Grant Community Fair £400-00
2352 – Mrs J. Pierce Salary & expenses £399-96
2353 – WCBC Wages G. Crofts & Trade Refuse £684-00
It was agreed the next meeting be held a week early on Tuesday, 20th June, 2017.