- File Size 4.00 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date March 23, 2010
- Last Updated October 15, 2021
Holr Community Council - Meeting Minutes - 23rd March 2010
Venue: Holt Community Centre
PRESENT: Mr. Gaade, Mr. Pridding, Mrs Roberts, Mr. Roberts, Mr. Gibson, Mrs Jones, Ms. Shone.
Councillor Roberts, P.C. N. Gaskill, Mr. Campbell (Holt website)
Mr. D. Kettle and Mr. R. Price (representing Bowlers)
APOLOGIES: Mr. Evans, Mr. Lewis and Mr. Williams.
CHAIR: Mr. Gaade, the Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone. A silence was held in respect of the following deceased:
Mr. Norman Moore, Mr. Terry Bromley and Mr. Hardwell.
Congratulations were given to Mr. & Mrs Joe Pridding on the birth of their firstborn which was a son Joseph!
MINUTES: Mr. Roberts proposed, Mr. Pridding seconded that the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record.
ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS – P.C. NICOLA GASKILL (COVERING .)
A monthly report was handed out and once again there had been very little crime.
A ‘Dog Fouling’ operation had been held which was organised by the Council working with our P.C.S.O.
Several events have also been organised for the Youth Club via the police!
Accident in village – damage to fence and road sign – the person responsible has contacted their insurance and given details and these have been sent to WCBC
P.C. Gaskill was thanked and left the meeting.
ITEM 2 – BOWLING GREEN – Item from Agenda.
This item was taken out of order in order for the 2 gentlemen who had kindly attended the meeting to be able to leave.
Discussion took place on the following:
Mr. Callum Edwards is to cut the Bowling Green and do 1 cut a week however a couple of extra cuts are always paid for at the beginning of the season. A couple of the bowlers have agreed to do any other extra cuts.
New Fee – This was discussed and Mrs Jones proposed, Mrs Roberts seconded that the fee be set at £10 a bowler ( even if out of area)
A request was made for a tap to run a hose from – there is a stop tap in the hut. Mr. Roberts will arrange this with Phil Morgan.
The bowlers will do little jobs as they have always done.
Mrs Jones proposed an advert for members go on website and Mr. Roberts seconded.
Thanks were given to the representatives and they left.
ITEM 3 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1.NEW VILLAGE SIGN: This has been ordered.
2.GARAGE USED AS STUDIO: This is being dealt with and clerk has spoken to Mr. Tapp.
ITEM 4 – CORRESPONDENCE:
3. Electronic Planning Consultation: It was discussed and Mr. Roberts proposed, Mr. Pridding seconded we stay as we are with paper consultation.
4. Resignation Letter from Mr. Derek Ratcliffe: A letter was received giving resignation because from 1st April, 2010, the Fairways estate will be in Acton community because of Boundary changes. Mr. Ratcliffe praised members of the council for their efforts in the community and a letter of thanks is to be sent to him thanking him for his work during his service.
5. National Eisteddfod: Letter received informing us that Communities are being asked to come together to try to help the committee raise £300,000. Some communities have pledged £15000 in instalments and Abenbury and Holt have been put in the same area and been given a joint target of £15000. The clerk is to reply saying our precept is set in
November and we will put this as a consideration but that we have cut our precept dramatically!
6. Burial Regulations : Clerk is to speak to A. McMahon, WCBC to clarify these.
7. Village Caretaker: Mr. Roberts proposed the caretaker be paid 2 weeks annual holiday Mrs Jones seconded this – all agreed. It was also mentioned he is doing a good job around the village.
8. Planning Applications:
Holt Hill, Green Street, Holt – Listed building consent for conversion of domestic outbuilding to single dwelling – this includes alteration to wall with railings – no objections.
8 Millfield, francis Lane, Holt – Relaxation of condition to allow relocation of a fence – fence 2m high – no objections.
8 Chapel Street, Holt – single storey extension to rear of existing dwelling – no objections.
Lodge Farm, Commonwood, Holt – removal of condition to allow continued movement of farmyard muck and arable waste via pipeline –
Only entrance to farm drive in Holt therefore this is a courtesy notification as farm in Rossett!
9. Financial sheet to 31/3/10 (approximate)
Financial sheets were handed out and Mr. Pridding proposed the sheet be received, Mrs Roberts seconded, all agreed.
10.Public Toilets: Mr. Gaade had checked these and they were fine.
ITEM 5 – AGENDA.
11. Representative to serve on Holt Town Trust.
Mr. Gibson proposed Mr. Jolyon Pridding, Mrs Jones seconded, agreed. Mr. Pridding accepted with thanks.
Item 6 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
12.FOOTPATHS: Discussion took place over the one at Deeside and it was stated that the ‘No Entry’ sign is not easily visible here. Footpath sign from bridge to Penks sign needs to be visible.
13.GENERAL MATTERS: Brickyard bends – needs holes doing properly.
Fly tipping Francis Lane near Hugmore Lane. Gredington – loose kerb.
Bridge – holes in bridge water and leaves getting in. Railing at community centre car park done with grant from Welsh assembly.
Water running on s bend on bottom road. Mr. Gaade to contact police to ask them to consider arranging a public meeting on drugs.
Next meeting 27th April, 2010.
WCBC Street Lighting £584-40
Greenthumb Scarifying & Moss treatment £446-00
J. Pierce expenses 2009/10 £409-00
S. Jones concrete base, fixing table & Re-surfacing as per quotes £1115-00
A. White wages toilets, village caretaker & expenses Jan – March £ 959-46