Mar 2012 Minutes Print

HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 27TH MARCH, 2012 AT 7P.M. AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE:


PRESENT: Mr. Gaade, Mrs Roberts, Mr. Roberts, Mr. Lewis, Mr. Pridding, Mr. Evans, Ms. Shone, Mrs Jones, Councillor Morris.

CHAIR: Mr. Gaade, the Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone to the meeting. As Mr. Gaade will not be at the April meeting and the elections are in May, he thanked everyone on the council for their long standing support as Chairman as he has now served for a few years. Paul did think this in a way was better than serving 1 year as the first year is a learning curb! He sincerely thanked Councillor Michael Morris who very quietly does an enormous amount of work for the residents of Holt and is a great support to any Chairman or clerk! He then thanked Mrs Pierce for her work and support and she in turn thanked him for all the work  he had taken up and for being a strong, fair Chairman who stood by his views for the best for the residents.
MINUTES: Mrs Jones proposed, the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record, Mr. Roberts seconded this, all agreed.

ITEM 1 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1.GENERAL MATTERS: Dog Signs: - Clerk to ask for some now we are in new financial year or ask a price to purchase some!
Cornish Farm: - Resubmission of the planning application receive. A new calibration of traffic flow and other highway issues looked into. A letter is to be sent acknowledging that it appears the highway concerns have been looked into but there is still the issue of the effect this planning would have on the property of ‘Ashiana’. All agreed.
Jubilee Celebrations: A Joint Jubilee meeting was held, which was called by the Community Council but they are not actually in charge or planning Celebrations.!
Following the meeting a letter requesting financial help was received from Holt U.5s
Who are planning a day of events and also a resubmitted letter from the Kenyon Hall committee. After discussion Mr. Lewis proposed £1000 for Under Fives and £250 for the Kenyon Hall Ms. Shone seconded this, all agreed. An e.mail was forwarded to the clerk from a lady regarding her mother and this is to be sent to    M. Ayling to see if she can help!
Waterways: Planning for pots at the entrance – refused.
Bowling Hut: No planning permission was needed for a new roof. A profiled metal green one is planned which was option 3 costing £250. Mrs Jones proposed this be done, Mr. Pridding seconded, all agreed. Thanks to Peter Lewis and Mike Morris and Dennis Kettle and bowlers involved.
White Lines & general maintenance in village: A lot of surfacing has been done but some white lines need attention, the clerk listed these and will contact Streetscene. The gullies throughout the village need cleaning. Weight limit sign at junction Commonwood Road.Rossett Road seems to have spun around again!
Street Lights out of order also reported – residents please phone clerk to report these then they can be dealt with sooner!

ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE:
2. NHS MEETING: This is to be held on Friday, 13th April, 2012 at the Medical Institute. Clerk will try to attend.
3.OLYMPIC TORCH RELAY: Correspondence received, including a map of the route. This does not affect Holt but anyone interested can contact the clerk for information but it will be in the Leader!
4.ANNUAL AUDIT OF ACCOUNTS: The notification of this, from Hacker Young was formally received and the Clerk will prepare the accounts for Internal audit with JDH early May and then complete the official process for Audit! This was agreed. An approximate balance of accounts to 31/3/12 was presented by clerk, Mrs Jones proposed, Ms. Shone seconded this be received. All agreed.
5.PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
2 Lilac Cottages, Cross Street, Holt – change of use from retail to domestic accommodation – no objections.
Cross Cottage, Castle Street, Holt – erection of open veranda at rear – no objections
Cornish Farm, Francis Lane, Holt – see notes in Matters arising from minutes!
6.GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE – NOTED:
Airbus (plus leaflets). WCBC – Council Form 13/4/12. Fields in Trust for Queen’s Jubilee. (Owain Glyndwr Scheme)

ITEM 3 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
7. WREXHAM COUNTY BOROUGH SIGN BY HOLT BRIDGE:
This is a disgrace and has the W missing. Clerk to request a new one!
8. SPEED OF MOTOR BIKES ON BY-PASS: Cheshire police have been doing checks on these (on weekends) but clerk to ask the North Wales police to carry out similar speed checks on the Holt side!
9. CASTLE GARAGE: It is nice to see this occupied again and the clerk to write to welcome them b ut also to ask their co-operation by not parking vehicles on the pavement.


ITEM 4 – POLICE MATTERS – PUBLIC TOILETS:
At this point in the meeting, when general business has been completed, the police had been asked to attend! The reason for this was to view footage of the CCTV camera at the Public Toilets. Once again we have paid out a bill of £300 plus because a pipe was ripped off the wall and flooding occurred. This can NOT carry on and the culprits must be punished!
The police did not attend so the gentleman from the CCTV company ran the video for the Council members. It was very clear and showed the culprits and is now to be passed to the police for further action! Thanks were extended to the gentleman for his hard work above and beyond installing the camera!

ACCOUNTS:
1863 – cancelled.   1864 – A. White   salary Jan – Mar £1038-54 (village/toilets)
1865 – J. Pierce annual expenses 486-38,
Mr. Pridding proposed these, Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.
Next meeting to be held on Tuesday, 24th April, 2012.