Sept 2011 Minutes Print

HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 13TH SEPTEMBER, 2011 AT 7P.M. AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.


PRESENT: Mr. Gaade, Mr. Evans, Mr. Lewis, Mr. Pridding, Ms. Shone, Mrs Jones and P.C.S.O. Poppy Hadfield-Jones.
APOLOGIES: Mr. D. Roberts & Mrs L. Roberts and Councillor Morris.

CHAIR: Mr. Gaade, the Chairman, opened the meeting by welcoming everyone and saying how sad everyone was to learn of the death of the last of our long serving members, Mr. Jack Gibson who had passed away aged 90. Mr. Gaade read out a piece he had put in the Church Newsletter as a tribute to Jack. A silence was then held in memory and respect of him.

MINUTES: Mr. Lewis proposed, Mrs Jones seconded that the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record. All agreed.

ITEM 1 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1.    PARKING ON THE CROSS: Following the public meeting letters were received from some residents suggesting solutions or bringing to our notice problems on the Cross and elsewhere. These were looked at and discussed and the Clerk is to reply to these! A meeting had been held on the Cross with K. Edwards (WCBC) following the Public meeting and the existing white lines have been re-marked. The extra Car Park signs are on order and the Community Council will keep pressing for these!
2.    POLICE MATTERS; The parking had been discussed and things seem to be slightly improved but ‘Speed’ is still a problem and the police were requested to visit with cameras especially on a Sunday on the A534 when motorbikes are being ridden at high speed. Generally things are quite quiet in the village with only a couple of incidents.
3.    BOWLING GREEN: Meeting took place and Mr. Jones to be asked to prune the trees here,
4.    C.C.T.V. – Mr. Gaade to get a final quote for a camera on the car park and Green.
5.    FISHERIES, COMMONWOOD: Planning for an additional building here – refused.

ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE;
6.    ANNUAL RETURN & BASIC AUDIT FOR THE YEAR ENDING 31ST MARCH, 2011.
The copy of the above return was formally received from Hacker Young and the Clerk was reminded to put ‘Holt’ on the heading of sheet 1. This was done and the original return was then accordingly signed by the clerk and Chairman and will be sent to Hacker Young as required for their signature of Completion of Audit. Mrs Jones proposed these actions, Ms. Shone seconded, all members agreed.
7.    COUNCIL FORUM 27/9/11 – NOTED.
8.    CITIZEN’S ADVICE – Invitation to their offices which have been refurbished – noted.
9.    TARMAC – Meeting to be held on 26/1/12
10.    PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Newhaven, Church Street, Holt – installation of Solar panels (in retrospect) It was felt that in a Conservation area there were too many of these and the planning was in retrospect.
The Cottage, Rossett Road – gateway (raising height) – concern with height.
A couple of items were brought up for the Enforcement officer to check on       some properties which were of concern.
3 Bridge Court – replacement doors & windows (soft wood to Uvpc) no objections. Rose Cottage, Frog Lane – replace roof slates with solar slates, no objs. Whitehaven – replacement of windows with new timber – no objs. Laurel Grove Cottage, Holt Road, Ridley Wood – single storey extension to side – no objs.

ITEM 3 – ADGENDA:
11.    SALT BIN: It was felt that the old yellow bin by the barriers by Kenyon Cottages was unsightly in a Conservation area so a Dark Green one is to be ordered and Mr. Lewis will speak to the residents of the property at the entrance to School Lane to ask if it can go in the bank on the left! Clerk to ask if the old one can go by the pensioner’s bungalows Dee Park.

ITEM 4. – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
12.CEMETERY TAPS: - Mr. B. Gibson has asked if he can tidy this area by making a new cupboard e.t.c. The permission was gladly granted for this and the gesture is appreciated! It was thought a small plaque would be nice on this in memory of Mr. Gibson – Paul to speak to Billy. Mr. Lewis proposed this Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.

13.GENERAL MATTERS: Letter to go to A. White reminding him of his duties so he doesn’t overlap with WCBC.
Notice Board – clerk to remind S. Jones with regard to staining before the winter.
Chiropodist – letter to go to NHS regarding cancelling of a chiropodist in Holt.
Dee Anglers – have fixed a sign on the Holt/Farndon bridge.
Path to Castle and bank – this is being sorted with WCBC and the residents concerned.
Signs – Commonwood still needed and weight limit sign on Rossett Corner.
Hedge cuttings – letter to be sent to property regarding this!

ACCOUNTS:

1830 – Mrs J. Pierce       salary (net    £241-12. 
1831 -  Deeco                   repair light   £348-00
1832 -  E.M.J. Services  grasscutting  £250-00
1833 -  Scottish Power    Energy          £  19-59

Next meeting 25th October, 2011.