Apr 2007 Community Council Meeting Print

community council - 24 Apr 2007 meeting

minutes

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 24TH APRIL, 2006 AT 7P.M. AT HOILT COMMUNITY CENTRE.

PRESENT: Mr. Gaade, Mr. Roberts, Mrs Roberts, Mrs Clays, Mrs Jones, Mr. Gibson, Mr. Williams, Mrs Penny, Ms. McConville, Cllr. Morris, P.C. Muldoon, Sgt. Marsden and 1 member of public and her daughter.

APOLOGIES: Mr. Lewis – ( holiday), Mr. Ratcliffe – (funeral – condolences expressed)

CHAIR: Mr. Gaade, our Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone especially P.C. Muldoon and Sergeant Marsden.

DEATHS: A silence was held in respect of the late Mr. D. Bryan, P. Parry and Mrs Hardwell.

MINUTES:Mr. Roberts proposed, Ms. McConville seconded that the minutes of the last meeting be approved and signed as a true record.

ITEM 1 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

1. POLICE MATTERS: Sergeant Marsden, who was introduced by P.C. Muldoon spoke on the changes and the amalgamation which left him in charge of 20 plus with the C.S.O.

He informed us, as a Community Council that as soon as she had trained the new P.C.S.O. P.C. Muldoon, whose work, especially with the youngsters in Holt, would be missed, would be leaving us. This was not very well received and a full discussion took place on the proposed changes and because Councillor Morris and the Chairman had attended a Police meeting and Councillor Morris felt very let down and felt he had been lied to he made the statement that ‘Inspector G. Clarke had lied to him and the meeting’ Further on in the meeting this statement was re-worded and the discussion ended with our Chairman saying we would wait until the new P.C.S.O. was stationed in Holt and see how things went. 

C.C.T.V. cameras were discussed – meeting to be arranged to get quote and Mrs Jones and Mr. Roberts to meet with the Chairman and then he would ring around to get approval. It was asked if there were any extra cameras available. There were. A letter was received from Mr. H. Jones against the cameras. This was noted.

Mobilisation of the police – The new C.B.M. is Vanessa Griffiths and the new P.C.S.O. is Collette Murphy. The working of all this was explained and the cover of the village and Industrial estate. Councillor Morris did ask that when it was decided which P.C. was to cover Bieston that the Chairman of Isycoed and Abenbury are informed.

It was requested that the P.C.S.O. keep a log of time in Holt as we are still worried regarding cover.

Helicopter – Mrs Penny had asked about the helicopter, over the properties in Bieston and a Heli log is available on line. She was given information. Thanks for this.

Issues for month – 2 crimes of arson, burglary, 3 anti social.

P.C. Muldoon was thanked for her support in her time in Holt and wished well for her future! Sergeant Marsden was also thanked. They left the meeting.

There is a Police meeting on 14th May, 2007 at Erlas. Mr. Gaade and Mrs Penny to attend.

2. DEE PARK – PROPOSED NEW PLAY AREA:

The clerk has again spoken to Jonathan Price as we are eager to get this done but he informed her the budget for 2007/8 has not been done yet but Holt is at the top of the list!

3. MANWEB POLES – WREXHAM ROAD:

After about 5 years these have finally been taken down. Clerk to thank the gentleman who organised this!

4.BOUNDARY REVIEW: An piece was put in the paper and a letter has been sent to the Boundary Commission saying they appear to have completely disregarded the wishes of the residents on the Holt Road estate and Holt Community Council so what was the point of asking for comments? Copy sent to Caia Park C.C. Wrexham C.B.C.

5.TOILETS: Clerk to get prices to up date toilets in village.

6.CAR PARK: No response has been received to our letter sent to the businesses around the Cross.

A proposal was made to put double yellow lines but no seconder was received.

It was decide to get everything ready i.e. quotes and wait for grants to become available.

To give the new P.C.S.O. chance to work with the motorists.

Councillor Morris has asked for the marking to be completed on junctions and corners.

Mr. Roberts proposed look into designated parkinbg spaces Mr. Williams seconded.

7. OTHER MATTERS: Dog Waste – clerk had spoken to Wayne Hughes but not got much reaction! E.M.J. have cut trees in bowling green area.

Weeds around gates,  Footpath back Dee Park.

Allotments – It was agreed to move tank and Mr. Gaade proposed for 2008 the rent be increased to £5 per annum. It was also agreed to let 2 empty allotments. 12 months rent free because of condition. Ms. McConville seconded this.

ITEM 2 – CORRESPONDENCE:

8.General Letters – Disabled Parking – WCBC – noted. Community Learning – noted.

Leisure Review – noted. Community Council Forum 15/5/07 – clerk to attend.

Annual Meeting Wrexham CBC – Mayor Making – Mr. Gaade to attend.

24.6.07 – Mayor’s Visit to Church – New Chairperson to go.

Memorial – added inscription on stone – no objections and no charge for this.

Annual Insurance to be renewed 1.6.07 – Clerk to ask for quote from Zurich – Cllr Morris to send number.

9.PLANNING APPLICATIONS:

The lady who attended the meeting had to leave so handed a copy of a letter of objection sent to WCBC concerning the planning application as follows: Commonwood Farm – proposed creation of Fish Ponds e.t.c.

Councillor Morris stated a meeting had taken place on site 24 plus attending.

The plans were looked at and Mrs Clays proposed, Mrs Penny seconded that objections be raised as follows: 1.Effects on the water course which is of great concern. Where is water to come from? 2. Traffic – extra volume of traffic on country roads. 3. The hard car park spaces will spoil the natural open aspect of the surrounding countryside.

Wildlife and hedgerows could be affected. 4. There are no nearby leisure facilities and this could be very obtrusive.

We already have sufficient leisure facilities with ponds in Bryn Estyn plus application have recently gone in for an Equestrian centre in Llan y pwll. We feel this could totally destroy this rural area where so many residents have purchased properties to be in a totally unspoilt rural setting, some people have lived all their lives in this area!

Section 78 Appeal – Land to rear Smithfield Cottage – noted.

30 Hawkstone Way, The Fairways – extension and erection of detached garage – no objs.

Plot 2 Laurel Grove Farm, Isycoed – double garage and store – no objs.

Section 78 appeal at Wrexham Rugby Club – original objs forwarded.

11 Cherry Orchard – kitchen extension. – no objs.

ITEM 3 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

10.MATTERS TO REPORT;

Tree Dee Park – suckers need trimming.

Quote for light – Fairview.

School Lane – potholes.

Hugmore Lane  - express concern Traffic lights system.

A sandstone porch on the new development was not thought to be in keeping but Michael said it wouldn’t require planning!

Re-cycling – things not suitable put in green boxes are just left on pavement – should be put back in box by Refuse collectors.

ACCOUNTS:

Mrs J. Pierce    salary April  £275

S. Jones            grasscutting  £350

I.Pierce             providing and fitting new shower   £80

Scottish Power energy   £96-69

WCBC              council tax & refuse charge  £1651-80

Dee Valley        water supply  £112-74

Accounts proposed and approved by G. Jones and A. Clays