Feb 2007 Community Council Meeting Print

community council - 27 Feb 2007 meeting

minutes

HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 27TH FEBRUARY, 2007.

NEIGHBOURHOOD, COMMUNITY, POLICING COMMITTEE – HELD AT 6.45.

PRESENT: Mr. Gaade, Mr. Ratcliffe, Ms. McConville, Mr. Lewis, Mrs Jones, Mrs Clays, Mrs Penny, Mr. Roberts, Mrs Roberts, Mr. Gibson, Councillor Morris, P.C. Muldoon,  Community Officer M. Jones and B. Campbell – Holt website.

APOLOGIES: Mr. B. Williams.

CHAIR: Mr. Gaade, the Chairman, welcomed everyone and a silence was then held in respect of the late Mr. G. Gibson. The police meeting was then opened.

MATTERS FROM PREVIOUS MEETING:

SHELTER – Holt School Field – This had caused concern but this had been brought to the attention of the school who replied saying the governors, school and insurance company were happy with this and it was to be used as a teaching facility. This was accepted.

C.C.T.V. Cameras – P.C. Muldoon has these and they are to be erected.

1 in Holt – voting 9 > 1. 1 in Bieston Mr Ratcliffe proposed this, Mrs Penny seconded, all in favour. Siting to be agreed. Paul to meet P.C. Muldoon.

Still issues concerning new P.C.S.O.s Mr. Gaade informed us of his dealings over this and P.C. Muldoon updated us of situation.

Concern over mobilisation issue of officer for Holt. Clerk to write to Inspector Clarke – Coedpoeth.

Mr. Gibson mentioned accident on by-pass with white van.

Castle – bin ripped up.

2 crimes were reported in February.

P.C. Muldoon suggested that whilst speeding still be an issue that the new concern for the committee be Littering and Dog Fouling.

This was agreed. The meeting closed at this point and the officers were thanked for their time.

MINUTES FROM MONTHLY MEETING OF THE COUNCIL –

These were proposed and seconded as a true record by Mrs Clays and Mrs Jones.

ITEM 1 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:

1. BIESTON MATTERS.

Notice Board, Redrow Estate – Mr. Ratcliffe and Mrs Penny had met the gentleman from the management committee who had no problem with the siting of boards. Councillor Morris is to liase with Mr. Ratcliffe and he has prices. Probably 2 boards. Idea of Tarmac contributing to be looked into.

ITEM 2 – HOLT MATTERS;

2.DEE PARK PLAY AREA: Clerk had written again, nothing further. To chase up.

3.PROPOSED EXTENSION TO CAR PARK:

The letter to the busineses was approved by committee. Mr. Lewis proposed this, Mr. Gibson seconded it.

Mr. D. Williams will meet to discuss this.

4.SIGNS – Mr. Gaade had contacted Mr. Lloyd again. He reported on this.

5.CLAYS GOLF CLUB: Mr. Larvin had contacted the clerk and informed her that the retrospect was WCBCs error not him. Mrs Penny thought extra lighting had been added on the range but we are not sure about this.

6.LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN: Thanks to Councillor Morris and the members who had met was recorded from the Chairman and the clerk. The clerk was u7nable to attend because of a family funeral.

Special thanks to Councillor Morris for his special expertise with this and everything was sent to WCBC.

7.PRECEPT: This was accepted and acknowledged by WCBC.

8.SCHOOL LANE: - clerk to ask for the holes to be filled.

9.WREXHAM GOLF CLUB: ask enforcement to check here.

ITEM 3 – BIESTON MATTERS:

Mr. Ratcliffe had asked the gentleman from the management committee his views on the maintenance of the estate being passed to a Wrexham firm. A date is supposed to be set for a residents meeting. The clerk has heard nothing on either of these matters.

Lights were reported not working – 12 & 13 St. Mellion Crescent.

ITEM 4 – CORRESPONDENCE:

10.FOOTBALL PITCH: A letter was received from Marford/Gresford asking to use the pitch. The Nags Head have also been using it as well as Holt Nomads.

The field was discussed and Paul agreed to sort everything including hiring and monitoring the pitch until the end of the season and then notices are to be put in the board to ask for members of a committee (including community councillors) and a new constitution drawn up. Mrs Jones propsed, Mrs Clays seconded this. Mr. Gaade to reply to Marford/Gresford saying if stuck and if feasible they can play there!

Mrs Jones Proposed, Mrs Clays seconded that we accept the new contract for grasscutting for the field from WCBC - £1503-58.

11.PROPOSED NEW LLAN-Y-PWLL LINK ROAD:

Mr. Gaade, Mr. Ratcliffe and Mrs Penny had met with Mr. Rogers, Mr. Arnott and Mr. Stewart and copies of the new proposals were viewed at our meeting. A  meeting is to be requested with Bieston residents and WCBC.

Mr. Ratcliffe proposed this, Mrs Penny seconded, all agreed.

12.PLANNING APPLICATIONS:

Hugmore House, Hugmore Lane – regulisation and elevation of building in retrospect. Use 3 ground rooms as offices – clerk to request full site visit here because of all the planning issues, very concerned.

3 Smithfield Drive – extension at the rear to form kitchen/ sunroom – no objections.

27 St. Mellions Crescent – extension for disabled facilities – no objections.

Hugmore Farm, Holt Road, Llanypwll – Equestrian Centre. Think this would be an excellent facility but concerned on highway issues because of the location of it with extra generation of vehicles entering and exiting the site.

Wilbren, Chapel Street – garage with playroom above – no objections.

Holt Bridge – felling of trees – no objection as they will replant but don’t understand leaving 1 tree.

Dee Meadows – erection 3 - 5 bedroom -3 storey houses. This is objected to as it was felt this would be an eyesore and 3 storey would be inappropriate on this plot. 2 storey are  sufficient here or bungalows as the whole aspect of Holt from the by pass would be spoilt. The original permission was for this.

ITEM 4 –ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

13.MATTERS TO REPORT:

Land by the by pass. Contact WCBC with this.

Manweb – contact again regarding posts.

Flooding – bottom road by G. Price’s

Path at back of the pensioners bungalows to Castle and Fairview, slippy.

Hugmore Lane – in bad state of repair.

School Lane/Castle Gardens – Limestone across the lane and now manhole cover 2 inches above the surface as a result. Contact Anna Irvin.

Lights reported – 45 by Deebank and 49 on bridge out. Width retriction flashing going onto bridge.

Funding for Car Park – Mrs Roberts waiting to see Northern Marches – she was thanked for this.

Bangor on Dee notice – David Lloyd was rung on 25.2.07 and said it was alright – Councillor Morris also tried to get it moved!

Allotments – tap requested. This discussed, Mr. Gaade to look at.

Clerk to ask S. Pugh to tell men about soil from graves.

Accounts:

Chester Small Plant – servicing mower - £89-88

Blue Loos  - hire portaloo - £141-00

Village News Stores – photocopies - £25-00

Mrs J. Pierce salary Feb - £275

J.D.H. Auditors re-issued cheque £174-37