Mar 2015 Print

HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON
24TH MARCH, 2015 AT 7P.M. AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.

PRESENT: Councillors: Mrs G. Jones, Mr. J. Cubitt, Mr. J. Pridding, Mrs L. Roberts, Mr. D. Roberts, Mr. P. Gaade, Mr. S. Lewis, Mr. P. Lewis. Councillor M. Morris & PCSO D. Jones.

APOLOGIES: Councillors Ms. A. Shone & Mr. J. Evans.

CHAIR: Mrs G. Jones, the Chairperson, took the Chair and opened with a welcome
Which was followed by a silence in respect of the late Mr. Harold Ashton, Mrs Margaret Soden and also the many lives tragically lost in the German Wings air disaster in the French Alps.

MINUTES: Mr. Pridding proposed the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record, Mr. Cubitt seconded this. All agreed.

ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS:
Report sheets on crimes for the past month and whilst as always there were some incidents in Holt, thankfully things seem quieter. The matter of setting priorities between the council and police was discussed in order for agreement on what we consider important for the PCSO to work on. The main priority as always was parking as this is still bad especially around the Cross. The matter of speeding in Cross Street/Green Street was discussed and also dog fouling – 1 area was the Green which is supposed to be dog free. The Clerk will request another visit from the control team and the question was asked about Community speed guns to control speeding but this was not considered successful. A better option was to have road sensors so these were requested. It was also requested speed cameras visit the by- pass especially on Sundays when the motorbikes are out. Thanks were expressed to David and he left the meeting.

ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1.VILLAGE/CROSS CARETAKER: A timesheet had been received for January but not February! A letter from the Town Trust was received and the matter discussed. It was agreed to review the position after April and Paul will speak to the caretaker.
2. TARMAC: Mr. Cubitt had kindly attended the meeting and reported that the site would be operational for 30 to 40 years (Gresford site!) Thanks were expressed to John.
3. PROPOSED PLANNING AT WESTFIELD:Correspondence had been received from the applicant and its content expelled a lot of the concerns and this was accepted.

ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
4.ANNUAL MEETING OF WREXHAM COUNTY BOROUGH COUNCIL:
This is the ceremony when the new Mayor is installed. The Chairperson, Mrs G. Jones to attend.
5.DRAFT LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN:
Details of the link for the comments on this were given out. Councillor Morris explained the situation regarding meeting the target for housing which was the reason the last LDP was thrown out.
6.MEMORIAL; An application was made by Mossfords for an added inscription to be made on a stone for the late Mrs Barbara Jones. Mr. Gaade proposed this, Mrs Roberts seconded. All agreed.
7. PROPOSED ALTERATIONS TO THE POST OFFICE – HOLT:
These were discussed and comments invited.
8. NORTH WALES TRANSPORT: Correspondence received and noted.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
Holt war Memorial – Listed building consent for addition of Name to Holt War Memorial.

ITEM 4 – AGENDA:
10. HOLT UNDER 5S. –Application for financial assistance towards the annual fundraising event which is very good for the village as a whole and a lot of effort is put into the success of this by a lot of people. Mr. Gaade proposed £500 be given, Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed. Paul also asked the Clerk to request the committee to apply in October for next year as they wish to be supportive and this is when the grants are considered.

ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
11. PUBLIC TOILETS – DOOR (LADIES)  - A bill has been received for the repair of this which we are questioning. Mr. Gaade to speak to the company.
12. GENERAL MATTERS:
Mrs Jones reported that interviews are to take place for a new head  teacher for Holt C.P. School.
Enquiries were made regarding a direction sign for Manor Park – this is a highways matter.
Trees need attention on left hand side of toilets by large gate.
Holt/Farndon Bridge – surface needs attention. Michael to check when proposed 20mph speed restrictions to be put by school.
Holt Local History Society: Letter of support requested for grant for investigative work. Mr. Gaade proposed this be done, Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.
A financial balance sheet giving an approximate balance to end March 2015 was received. Mrs Jones proposed this, Mr. Gaade seconded. All agreed.

ACCOUNTS TO BE PAID – Proposed by Mr. Gaade seconded by Mrs Jones: All agreed.
2135 – Mrs J. Pierce    salary + expenses    £305-97
2136 – Shaw & Sons    stationery        £ 65-55
2137 – Mrs K. Rawlinson    toilets            £201=50
2138 – Mrs J. Pierce    expenses for 14/15    £620-60
2139 – J. Jones        printer            £ 89-00
2140 – Holt U.5s    Grant            £500-00
2141 – Mr. M. Jones    Treatment        £350-00
2142 – Mr. R. Crofts    Cross/Village        £156-00
2143 – Scottish Power    Energy Portacabin    £ 23-82