Sept 2013 Minutes Print

HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON
TUESDAY, 17TH SEPTEMBER, 2013 AT 7P.M. AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.


PRESENT: Councillors – J. Pridding, P. Lewis, J. Evans, A. Shone, G. Jones,          L. Roberts, D. Roberts, J. Cubitt, S. Lewis, P. Gaade also present B. Campbell, Councillor Morris and PCSO L. Dobby (Geoff Edwards attended after start of meeting to give talk)
CHAIR: Mr. Pridding, the Chairman, took the Chair and welcomed everyone to the meeting. A silence was held in respect of the following. Mr. David Ellis, Mrs Mabel Waterfield (July), Mrs E. Cosgrove.
MINUTES: The minutes of the previous meeting were signed and approved as a true record. Mrs Jones proposed this, Mr. Lewis seconded, all agreed.

ITEM 1A. POLICE MATTERS – PCSO LUKE DOBBY.
Luke handed out the monthly data on crimes and there had been a few garage/shed break ins and also 2 thefts from cars. Everyone is warned to be extra security conscious as we are approaching Christmas and don’t want figures to increase.
There had been more damage to the toilets and CCTV footage was obtained creating work for the gentleman who installed the cameras therefore the clerk suggested he be asked to submit a bill. Mrs Jones proposed this and Mr. S. Lewis seconded, all agreed.
The clerk had attended the Community/Police meeting on 4/10/13 and from this a priority is to be set by the PCSO and 1 from the council. Luke explained this and his is to be the toilets and the ever worrying drugs (this is not a big problem in Holt!)
The Community Council’s priority is to be congestion on the Cross.
There is to be an officer covering the Industrial estate thus freeing Luke up quite a lot but this has not happened yet. Luke asked about road closure for the Remembrance and we confirmed it be as last year.
Luke was thanked for his continued good work and attendance at meetings.

ITEM 1B. STREET LIGHTING – ENERGY SUPPLIER – GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT SERVICES – MR. GEOFF EDWARDS (FORMER WCBC & CLWYD COUNTY COUNCIL LIGHTING ENGINEER.
As the residents of Holt have, for many years, been very lucky because the Holt Town Trust took on the bill for lighting energy but now cannot continue to do this, the Holt Community Council will from April, 2014 take over this payment as it is their responsibility. This means that the precept will have to allow for this. As we are trying to cushion the blow and be economical, we are looking at a new supplier and Mr. Edwards kindly came to give us a very helpful and informative talk.
Mr. Edwards was then thanked for his time and left the meeting with a promise of further help to the clerk. Discussion took place and Mr. Cubitt proposed, Mr. S. Lewis seconded that we change to the government scheme which looks for the cheapest suppliers. All agreed. Clerk to contact Geoff. 

ITEM 2. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1.WALES IN BLOOM: This was very successful with Wrexham County Borough gaining their 1st Gold. Part of the success goes to the people involved in Holt (however small a part they played) and thanks were given to them all for their hard work.
2. NOTICE BOARD: Paul will chase up price of recovering roof and contact clerk for approval. Clerk has asked for Holt Community Council lettering to be re-done. It was agreed this be in gold.

ITEM 3. CORRESPONDENCE:
3.ROAD CLOSURE FOR MEDIEVAL RE-ENACTMENT:
The clerk had arranged the road closure for the above on behalf of the History Society and she explained that this is now costly and asked the council to take on the £181 (ex vat) as the event was good for the village. Mr. Roberts proposed, Mr. Pridding seconded. Agreed.
4.APPLICATION FOR MEMORIAL: Late Mrs Sheila Baker. Mrs Roberts proposed this be allowed, Mrs Jones seconded. All agreed.
5.COMMUNITY FACILITIES: - WCBC BUDGET REDUCTIONS & ROLE OF COMMUNITY COUNCILS AND COMMUNITY GROUPS:
This was a letter of great concern as it notified us of severe budget cuts and gave basically 3 options 1.direct transfer of services to community councils where WCBC still operate services but community pay 100% or community council take over.
2.Direct transfer to local management i.e. voluntary ass or community group.
3.If 1 or 2 cannot be achieved before 2014 remaining option could be closure or cessation service!
Luckily for Holt we already run most services except the 2 play areas and the Community centre. We are already in discussion regarding the community centre and the clerk will find out costs of the play area and safety issues etc.
6.GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE:
National Health Board – new members needed – noted. 2 Chapel Street – appeal noted.
7.PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
7 Chapel Street – removal of existing timber door to side elevation & replacement with new white UVPC door – no objections.
Notification of plans approved were received and 1 was for the wall at the Gredington development, where we questioned whether coping stones were to be put as requested. This is not clear.

ITEM 4. AGENDA ITEMS:
8. ELECTRONIC PLANNING APPLICATIONS: The clerk had been contacted by WCBC planning dept. to request we consider this for the future. Mr. Lewis proposed we stay with the paper copies Mr. Evans seconded. All agreed.
9.REMEMBRANCE DAY SERVICE:
Road closure is to take place and Paul has notices from last year. He will also contact the Vicar and Kenneth Burningham/Shane Coupland. Clerk has ordered wreaths and Mrs Roberts proposed we pay £150 to British Legion and £25 towards refreshments at Kenyon hall, Ms. Shone seconded, all agreed.
ITEM 5. – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
10. TOILET CARETAKER: The clerk had spoken to Mr. White and discussed cover for holidays and pay. This was discussed and Mr. P. Lewis proposd a goodwill payment of £100 be made without prejudice to cover last 5 years as the members were unaware of the situation and also need to be notified of holidays! Mr. Gaade seconded this. All agreed. It was also suggested a log be kept of hours spent maintaining the Cross area and around the village.
11.PROPOSED NEW PRISON: This was discussed and Bob Campbell who had kindly attended the presentation at Red Wither, notified us that he has put details on the website. He was thanked for this.
12. GENERAL MATTERS TO REPORT:
Lack of sign on play area at Green – ‘No Dogs’
Carla sent note to say she hasn’t forgotten quote for fencing but been really busy!
Lights out order also blocked grids!
For sale sign on by pass – clerk to phone.
Path to castle – staggered fencing needed again! Grass needs cutting at Castle.
Toilets – damage here again. Rail broken and door. Paul to get repaired. Mr. Lewis has asked for a further quote and the clerk had tried to get builders and electricians but no success. New quote if reasonable will be better as company fir the doors! Peter agreed kindly, to organise this, Mr. Gaade proposed he did Mrs Roberts seconded, all agreed. He was thanked as this could be great solution!
Letter to be sent regarding rubble and parking.
Request for sign for ‘No dogs allowed’ on playing field.
13. INVESTEMENT STRATEGY: The Community Council have for the last 12 months invested in a Fixed Rate Bond which matures on 4/10/13. Mr. Lewis proposed the clerk re-invest the same sum for a further 12 months if the offer available, Mr. Cubitt seconded. All agreed

ACCOUNTS: - Mrs Jones proposed these be paid, Ms. A. Shone seconded. All agreed.
1969 – Amberon                        Signs for Road Closure        £216-00 (inc vat)
1970 – Mrs J. Pierce                 Salary September & exp.     £314-92
1971 – EMJ Services                Grasscutting Rec. 48 & 52   £600-00
1972 – Mr. D. Kettle                 Grasscutting                         £120-00
1973 – J. Pierce                         Salary October & exp.         £306-13
1974 – Royal British Legion    Wreaths & Crosses              £150-00
1975 – HMRC                           Tax for Clerk July – Sept    £  67-20                                

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, 29th October, 2013.