May 2013 Minutes Print

HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON
TUESDAY 28TH MAY, 2013 AT THE HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.

 

PRESENT: Councillors – G. Jones, A. Shone, S. Lewis, J. Cubitt, P. Lewis, L. Roberts, D. Roberts, J. Pridding & P.Gaade. PCSO Luke Dobby, Councillor M.
Morris and Linda Daws – WRAP Action Group, Isycoed C.C.
CHAIR: A welcome was given by the Chairman, Mr. Pridding and a silence was held in respect of the late Mrs Mary Williams.

APOLOGIES: Mr. J. Evans.

MINUTES: The minutes of the last  meeting were proposed as a true record by Mr. Gaade and seconded by Mr. S. Lewis. All agreed. They were approved and signed accordingly.


ITEM 1A: ELECTION OF CHAIRPERSON:-
Mr. Gaade stated that he thought that, as he had done, it was beneficial for the same person to stay as Chairperson for more than 1 term of office, thus gaining experience! On this basis Mr. Gaade proposed Mr. Pridding be re-elected for a further year, Mrs Jones seconded, all agreed. He was duly elected.

ITEM 1B: ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRPERSON:-
Mr. Pridding proposed Mrs G. Jones, Mr. P. Lewis seconded, all agreed. She was elected.

ITEM 1C: WRAPS ACTION GROUP: MRS LINDA DAWS, ISYCOED C.C.
Mrs Daws gave a brief but well informed talk on the proposed Wrexham Power Station and all the concerns arising from the proposals e.g. size and power lines across open countryside. A Mr. Stephen Whitby has already given some public talks and is available to talk to the residents of Holt should a meeting be arranged. A few questions were asked and Mrs Daws was thanked and left the meeting. Mr. J. Cubitt had gone though the last questionnaire and listed a number of our concerns and these had been sent to the company.

ITEM 2 – POLICE MATTERS:- PCSO LUKE DOBBY:
A breakdown of all reported crimes for the past month was circulated  with 1 assault, 1 burglary and 3 thefts  in Holt village. Luke had kept a note of his time in Holt as requested and this was quite low this month as 14 hours were actually spent in Holt but as he explained he had been on courses and was called to a police project. We will keep a check on the hours over the next couple of months in order to insure we are getting the cover we deserve.
Luke is to arrange an Environmental inspection of the village with WCBC and representatives of Holt C.C. He will send the date to the clerk.
He has requested speed cameras on the A534.,
A couple of matters were brought to his attention – spraying of dog notices and slight damage to the toilets. The toilets are on CCTV and anyone caught here causing damage will have to pay for the repairs!
Luke was thanked and left as it was his day off but he still attended.

ITEM 3 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1.WALES IN BLOOM:
The route has been changed slightly to now go from the Cross towards the Green then left to Cross past the school towards Smithfield then out past Bellis’s.
Clerk to ask S. Jones to repair roof of Notice board and get it painted by M. Frost.
John Cubitt reported that all is going well and gardens have been picked to view and the businesses are all on board to make the route as colourful as possible!
Mr. Gaade asked permission to purchase netting for the garage area as he had permission from the owner. It was agreed that he purchase Green netting and cable ties which amounted to approx. £150. Mr. Cubitt proposed this, Ms. Shone seconded. All agreed. Mrs Jones will contact the school for the artistic contributions.
Everyone involved was thanked for their efforts.
It was also agreed the clerk contact Mr. P. Andrews and ask permission for us to arrange a couple of grasscuts here to tidy it.

2. PUBLIC TOILETS: There has been more damage here, clerk to arrange repairs.
Mr. Lewis discussed automatic doors with charge of 20p. Mr. Lewis offered to
get prices for these, Mr. Roberts seconded this and all agreed.
Mr. Roberts had met Water company representative and was sorting this out with the plumber. He has also turned down the water to the gents and is monitoring the
meter. The clerk thanked him for his help with this!

3. TRAFFIC CALMING – CHAPEL STREET/SMITHFIELD:
A letter was sent from Darren Green WCBC to confirm the information telephoned to the clerk for the last meeting.It stated that the scheme is proposed for 2015/16 for this area.

ITEM 4 – CORRESPONDENCE:
4. PLANNING APPLICATIONS: -
The Manse, Smithfield : The clerk had sent our conerns and after discusiion with Councillor Morris and a reply from planning it was decided that that initial concerns be withdrawn but a clause be asked for that ‘no business be run at the property’
Westleigh, Smithfield Green, Holt – Repace existing cottage windows with identical style double glazed UVPC – planning are looking into this because of the Conservation area.
3 Cherry Orchard – replacement of existing conservatory – clerk had contacted planning with slight concerns.

5.BORRAS QUARRY –
Liaison meeting to be held 18th July, 2013. Copy of letter to go to B. Payne and J. Cubitt.


6. INSURANCE RENEWAL 2013.
Correspondence received from Zurich Municipal our insurers for the past 3 years. As we have had excellent service and good quotes received for the fixed insurance it was proposed by Mr. Pridding seconded by Mr. P. Lewis that we agree to the fixed 5 year insurance plan. All agreed.

7. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE:
Wrexham Local Housing Strategy 2013-18. Have your say survey on WCBC website.
Futures Project – Northern Marches – Supports young people 16 – 30 years old to become active members of their community. PCSO L. Dobby also mentioned this scheme – noted.
Websites for Town/Community Councils – Money available for websites/internet provision. Clerk to look into this further and speak to B. Campbell.

ITEM 5 – AGENDA:
8.ELECTION REPRESENTATIVE TO SERVE ON HOLT TOWN TRUST:
This item is to be carried forward to next meeting to give councillors chance to talk to possible representatives.

ITEM 6. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
9.ENERGY COSTS – STREET LIGHTING:
The Clerk had telephoned Scottish Power and was assured that the contract for this was not fixed. She was contacting WCBC to inquire who their supplier was as they do extensive comparisons when seeking suppliers! The clerk had received a list of the last few years charges but Mr. Gaade thought she should have received a further letter from Trust but hadn’t. Clerk to look into this and possibly meet with representative of Holt Town Trust to discuss the charges!

ITEM 7 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
10. GENERAL ITEMS:
Wrexham sign, grasscutting, issues in village.
Bowling Green – A trial of 3 months for use of the hut by the taxi firm, for them to make drinks is to be arranged by J. Pridding. No business will be run from the hut!

ACCOUNTS – These were proposed for payment by Ms. Shone seconded by Mrs Roberts, all agreed.
1942 – Holt U5s                        grant ‘Party in the Park’             £500-00
1943 – J. Pierce                        salary May & exp                          £294-63
1944 – Zurich Municipal        insurance 2013/14                          £723-83
1945 – EMJ grasscutting        grasscutting                                    £250-00
1946 – WCBC                          trade refuse – cemetery                 £753-00
1947 – J.Pierce                        expenses – stamps etc.                    £  23-09
1948 – D. Kettle                      green cutting - May                        £135-00