Feb 2013 Minutes Print

HOLT COMMUNITY COUNCIL – MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY, 26TH FEBRUARY, 2013 AT 7P.M. AT HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE.

PRESENT: Councillors: - J. Pridding, P. Gaade, G. Jones, A. Shone, P. Lewis, J. Cubitt, S. Lewis, L. Roberts, D. Roberts, J. Evans, Councillor Morris and PCSO
Luke Dobby.

CHAIR: Mr. Pridding, the Chairman, took the Chair and opened the meeting with a welcome, a silence was then held in respect of the following deceased –                Mr. Brian Ayling, Mr. Norman Threadgold & Mr. Colin Jones.

MINUTES: Mrs Roberts proposed that the minutes of the last meeting be signed and approved as a true record, Mr. S. Lewis seconded this and all agreed.

ITEM 1 – POLICE MATTERS:
Luke thanked everyone who had attended the Police community meeting, which he had organised, which had been held Monday 25th February, 2013. Some packs had been handed out and some issues had arisen, mostly on matters concerning the Community Council already: Dog Fouling, Parking around the Cross and the village, Speeding past the school!
A report of crime figures for the month was handed out and this was mostly 3 criminal damage, 2 burglarys (not dwellings!)
There were reports of someone trying to sell mattresses and also generators and residents are advised not to buy these!
A letter of thanks was sent to the Community Council but was for the police to thank them for their help and support in solving a crime, this was read out and the PCSO thanked personally for his part.
Luke was thanked for attending and left – it is good to know that we once again, after a poor couple of years, seem to have a good police presence in the village and crimes are low but also they are being followed up and solved!

ITEM 2 – MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES:
1.    WALES IN BLOOM: The clerk and J. Cubitt had given apologies for the meeting but this is a very important event for the village, to be held in July and the main thing that will let it down is the Dog Fouling. The main route is from the Cross along the main street to Bellis’s and then out to Kellogg’s. The Community Council have contacted the WCBC and they will send Dog Wardens again and will also write to owners! Any help with this matter would be appreciated.
2.    WALL BELOW DEE VILLAS: This is now finished and the cost was born by Housing Revenue. It was a bigger job than thought as asbestos was found.
3.    PROPOSED FENCING ON CHURCH GREEN PLAY AREA: Clerk has arranged a meeting with Martin Howarth for 8/3/13 at 3.30p.m. as requested.
4.    PROPOSED ENERGY STATION: A formal consultation will run for 6 weeks and end April – we should then know proposals!
5.    WASTE PAPER SKIP: The work on the barrier has now been completed and thanks are expressed to all involved. It was agreed a gift of £25 be given from the ‘Fund’ to the gentleman who did the welding.
6.    FUNDING OF HOLT COMMUNITY CENTRE: This is still ongoing with WCBC but Councillor Morris is very much keeping a close eye on discussions on Holt’s behalf! Thanks to him for his efforts.
7.    PLANNING: The fence has now been removed at Chapel House and 1 sign removed from the Magpies .

ITEM 3 – CORRESPONDENCE:
8.  WCBC FORUM MEETING: The next meeting will be held on 12th March, 2013 at 6.30p.m.
9.  ENERGY CHARGES: Notification of energy charges increase from ScottishPower. This to be sent to Town trust for Tuesday.
10. HOLT U.5S.: Letter regarding the idea of having a purpose built or stand alone facility! This was discussed and the idea supported in principle. Reply to say this and to ask to be informed when they arrange a meeting.
11. PLANNING: Land off Ridley Wood Lane, Wrexham Industrial Estate –  
Erection of agricultural building – this now reduced in size so no objections!
Frog Lane House, Frog Lane, Holt – remove 1 silver birch and crown reduce  
2 silver birches – no objections.
Land to west 11 Dee Park –Variation of condition 4 & 13 to remove
Requirement for provision of turning area& allow substitution of kitchen
Window for door – no objections.
6 Laburnum Way – new porch and window – no objections.
Certificate of lawfulness for existing use of land as residential cartilage –
Long Meadow, Hugmore Lane, Llanypwll – no objections.

ITEM 4 – AGENDA: ELECTION OF 2 REPRESENTATIVES TO SERVE ON HOLT TOWN TRUST:
Mr. Gaade proposed Mr. Richard Varley be re-elected Mrs Jones seconded, agreed.
Mrs Jones proposed Mr. P. Gaade be re-elected Mr. J. Pridding seconded. Agreed.

ITEM 5 – ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
12. GENERAL MATTERS: Lights to report. Toilets – water needs checking, clerk to contact plumber. Gullies need cleaning. Moss on path to paper skip needs treating. Welcome to Wales sign needs reporting again even though months ago we were told new ones were on order! By-Pass – deep cutting over 2nd river bridge, this has also been reported a few times!
Industrial Remuneration. This to be put on March agenda. Councillor Morris to send Clerk details. Hedge needs cutting at Manor Park.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, 19th March, 2013.

ACCOUNTS – proposed for payment by  Ms. Shone seconded Mr. Pridding. All agreed.
1927 – HM Rev. & Customs                Tax 2012/13 – clerk          £744-06
1928 – Mrs J. Pierce                          Salary net Feb. & March     £496-32
1929 – Mr A. White                           Wages Sept-March          £2140-00
Toilets & Village/Cross